Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Experience with TurnKey Internet ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Experience with TurnKey Internet ?

ranieranie Member
edited May 2013 in General

Anyone here have experience with TurnKey Internet they want to share.
Especially shared hosting

Comments

• 24khost24khost Member
    edited May 2013

So far so good. It is where we host our billing system. Xen vps.
    shared/reseller might stay away from as way oversold.

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

I used them in the past for a short time.

No complaints.

• alexalex Member

Using them for last 6 months, reseller package. It's down for few minutes every other day, but apart from this no complaints, especially with their pricing.

• dnwkdnwk Member
    edited May 2013

Yes. I use them for shared hosting. And I use to drive by their datacenter when I go to school. I would say their bandwidth is not very ideal but acceptable. Response time from Support, so far so good. But not very excited about it.

• PaulPaul Member

@alex said: no complaints, especially with their pricing

Indeed, pricing is very good. They occasionally give out good promos and cheap WHMCS licenses. The only issue I've had with them was downtime.

Regardless, they have a very competent support team.

If you're looking for a very consistent and stable shared hosting, then I would recommend hostgator. But if you're on a budget, then turnkeyinternet would be a good alternative.

• ranieranie Member

Yes i was looking for a cheap WHMCS license. Can get one in a shared hosting plan for about $7.5 per month.

Thanks for the answers

• ranieranie Member

Not shared hosting. Reseller hosting of course

• edited May 2013

I'm trying their vps last year, but not so good. A bit slow, not stable, frequently disconnected when connecting from ssh. And sometimes it's lag. But maybe I'm not at a good node.

Didn't tried their reseller or shared hosting, so I can't comment on that.
    Some comment's from WHT, sometimes it's slow for reseller hosting. But their price is cheap

• MikeInMikeIn Member

@ranie said: Yes i was looking for a cheap WHMCS license. Can get one in a shared hosting plan for about $7.5 per month.

@miTgiB may help..
    Anyhow much does it cost for a 256MB KVM+WHMCS License or a basic Reseller plan+ WHMCS (monthly cost)?

• smile93smile93 Member

Use almost 18 months with them now from shared account to reseller. So for no complaint.

• 24khost24khost Member

I pay 17.50 a month for my xen vps with whmcs.

3 cores
    10gb space
    512mb ram
    512 swap

only had 2 downtimes.
    Support has been iffy. Long times in between responses, and tickets going unanswered for 48 hours on the vps side.

• DeanDean Member
    edited May 2013

I use them for my VOIP server (I'm in the UK, the VPS is in the US) - no real lag, a couple of callers at once and it holds up well.
    Only two real downtimes in the past 6-12 months.

Support response time varies from 30 mins to 4 hours for me.

• 24khost24khost Member

@DeanClinton same 2 downtimes I had I am guessing.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

@ranie We can do WHMCS licenses for $12.80 per month with any of our plans.

• real_skinnerreal_skinner Member
    edited May 2013

Does anyone tried their new reseller package with SSD Disk RAID 10 Protected Space?

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

I've used TurnKey Internet before, the technical staff are great, but there is loads of downtime for the shared/reseller/vps systems, as they overload like hell.

• I had some really cheap shared hosting with them, no downtimes, I think they are doing fine even when heavily oversold, since their servers arent overloaded.

• 24khost24khost Member

@real_skinner that has sounded like it is less oversold.

• @Everyone, I am still looking for recommendations for a good shared hosting btw.

• nunimnunim Member

@darknessends said: @Everyone, I am still looking for recommendations for a good shared hosting btw.>

DownTownHost, have used them several times in the past and have a client who still uses them, not cheap but if you grab one of their promos it's reasonable and extremely reliable.

• alexalex Member

@nunim said: DownTownHost, have used them several times in the past and have a client who still uses them, not cheap but if you grab one of their promos it's reasonable and extremely reliable.

-> AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME:
    26 Hours, 17 Minutes and 10 Seconds

• nunimnunim Member
    edited May 2013

@alex said: -> AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME:

26 Hours, 17 Minutes and 10 Seconds

Maybe so, but I haven't had to submit a ticket for anything in nearly a year. It works, it's reliable and it's not super oversold.