Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Xservers and hostkey reviews ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Xservers and hostkey reviews ?

They have good support ? I am confused and need help. Which one to go with for better service.

Xservers.ro and hostkey

Comments

• Any help pls ?

• hello , i am from romania, i strong sugest xservers , is one of the top player here for the local service , now if you look international traffic i sugest to open a tiket and talk directly with him.

Thanked by 1Flashgame
  • Used HostKey around 3-4 years ago with a VPS in Russia, got recommended by someone with a Dedicated Server in their Russian facility. Always found them to be some-what reasonable to deal with, their English was lacking at times but everything was answered very promptly.

Not used Xservers.

Thanked by 1Flashgame
  • UrDNUrDN Member
    edited February 2017

I had a client who used two bare metal servers from hostkey.com in the Netherlands.

The experience was quite awful.

The hardware was cheap crap, memory modules and hard drives have been failing very often and it was very difficult to get them replaced. Even though you tell them precisely where the faulty hard drive is plugged they will manage to replace the wrong one.

Despite using Russian with the support, they get clueless at the slightest technical challenge.

They had a lot of bandwidth issues, they were also unable to provide any solution and I suspect they were expecting clients to not notice it.

When asked about IPv6, the typical answer was "We have enough IPv4".

The client eventually moved to koddos.net which has been okish for bare metals, but not for virtual machines and IPv6.

Thanked by 1Flashgame