Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone traded in forex?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone traded in forex?

st0rm911st0rm911 Member
edited January 2012 in General

I dont no is it wrong to open off topic except vps related.IF its void terms admin please remove this discussion.

anyone from LEB community traded in forex?

How you trade?

How long you with forex?

Comments

• Even I don't know wtf is that n_n

• @yomero said: Even I don't know wtf is that n_n

Buy sale EUR/USD or any currency pair in market by broker using your real money deposited account.

• @yomero said: Even I don't know wtf is that n_n

Me too, but I heard that forex was illegal in my country :|

• @st0rm911 said: I dont no is it wrong to open off topic except vps related.IF its void terms admin please remove this discussion.

Just post it in Offtopic next time and you'll be golden.

@st0rm911 said: anyone from LEB community traded in forex?

Well I never did, I always wanted to though.

• Sure.

It's basically gambling, well sort of.

The only way to go is to be a day trader as too much can change while you sleep. Nerves of steel are a requirement and you had better be a logic ruled person. Emotion can cause big problems. It's not easy. With the current levels of volatility large gains (or losses) are possible.

Like so many other endeavors, the sure way to make a small fortune in the FOREX game is to start with a large fortune.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

I swear you can get more money from doing Shares.

• Not gambling at all if you know what you're doing... If you need more info on forex pm me

• @Infinity said: I swear you can get more money from doing Shares.

I made £3000-4000 when halifax became a bank ;)

@net said: I made £3000-4000 when halifax became a bank ;)

Wasn't it always a bank?

• @cleonard said: The only way to go is to be a day trader as too much can change while you sleep. Nerves of steel are a requirement and you had better be a logic ruled person. Emotion can cause big problems. It's not easy. With the current levels of volatility large gains (or losses) are possible.

So basically, it's like online poker.

• @Infinity said: I swear you can get more money from doing Shares.

...or cover your butt with investments in community bonds. :)

• @Infinity said: Wasn't it always a bank?

Nope it was a building society.

• I'll just stick to working for a living >_<

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited January 2012

And now when you mentioned already investments I am wondering if anyone use so called "Safe-Haven" Currencies for savings?
    I am more and more tend to idea to change my hard earned euros into some "safe" currency or even more of them. Not to gain additional profit of course but simply.. to keep value.
    The way as things looks like it's not safe to keep savings in eur, usd, etc... Recently I bough few swiss franc, not much but still... I am thinking more and more about NOK (norwegian krone) and maybe SEK (swedish krona).
    As most likely most people here I am not rich but I wouldn't like to lost my little savings through time because bad decision.

@net said: Nope it was a building society.

I'm too young to know all of that lol.

• edited January 2012

If you want to make some serious money this is how.
    Find some rebel leader in Africa/Asia/South America and support his movement.
    This is what an Israeli person did, he gave $20mil to some congolese rebel leader who then came into power by force and the israeli bloke is now a billionaire due to being awarded diamond mining rights.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/secretive-gems-trader-with-friends-in-the-highest-places-6285587.html

• cleonardcleonard Member
    edited January 2012

@ztec said: So basically, it's like online poker.

Perhaps I spoke a bit too strongly about the gambling part. Poker starts with random cards. Your skill is what makes winners and losers there. With trading in general there is some random input, but there is quite a bit of non random input as well. On one had you study current events and plan your trades. However, that doesn't mean that something totally unexpected can happen that totally blows you carefully laid plans. Because forex trading tends to be done at large leverage, both good and bad things can happen fast. I've made and lost considerable sums at it. It's just not for the weak of heart. Then again high stakes poker isn't for the weak of heart either.

I do have to say that I've known a lot more people who make a living at forex/stocks than I have those who did it with poker, but I do know some of each.

The last few years I've been on the work for a living plan though.

Some of the trading houses allow you to try it in simulation mode. You can see if you can make it work. For real trading expect to need at least a couple thousand US dollars or Euros to open an account. At least that's how it used to be. I believe that there are some that offer "micro" accounts for two, or even single digits. Not sure how much you can really make on a $10 trade even if they leverage it 100:1 or more.

• tuxtux Member

@st0rm911 said: anyone from LEB community traded in forex?

Yes, I exchange my money in Forex

• I don't have the time for Forex. It's very neat, but you really have to keep an eye on the short-term volatility.

There's lots of action in Forex, and it's fairly high risk. Lots of money to be made and lost.

It's not very friendly for beginners. I suggest getting one of those demo accounts and reading the stuff on http://www.babypips.com/. It's very interesting.