Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a US based low-end Dedicated Server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a US based low-end Dedicated Server

Hey guys, I'm looking for a low end dedicated server that i can use to pull my personal blu ray rips down from google drive, remux and tag and add subtitles and then also reup them too 2 separate cloud-storage providers. Also run some web apps (Madsonic), and websites. Currently trying to do this process on two VPS but been having performance trouble so wanna try a dedi. Specs I'm hoping to get are

CPU: Intel atom or low end Xeon
Memory: 4-8GB
HDD: 500GB
Port: 1Gb (Important)
Bandwidth: 10TB

Budget is around 5-15$ a month if possible. Best offer i have so far is an Intel atom with 4gb memory, 250GB HDD, 1Gb port with 5TB for 12.99$. Hoping you guys can beat that

Comments

• wsi

• If you can stretch...

E3-1220, 8GB RAM & 1TB HDD for $19.95/mo.

Thanked by 2Junkless willie
  • @VortexMagnus said:
    If you can stretch...

You willing to knock a little bit off the price if i pay a few months in advance. Also do you got a Looking glass for your new york based servers

• @jonscookie said:

@VortexMagnus said:
    If you can stretch...

You willing to knock a little bit off the price if i pay a few months in advance. Also do you got a Looking glass for your new york based servers

Bit hard at that already low price point, how many months?

http://lg.ny.vortexnode.com

• jonscookiejonscookie Member
    edited February 2017

@VortexMagnus said:

@jonscookie said:

@VortexMagnus said:
    If you can stretch...

I could do 6 months at 15$ a month so 90$. However i just did your lg and i only pulled 50KB on the test file. Ran a mtr and i saw a lot of packet loss but i'm not sure if its my isp dropping icmp packets or what.

• JonchunJonchun Member
    edited February 2017

@jonscookie said:

@VortexMagnus said:

@jonscookie said:

@VortexMagnus said:
    If you can stretch...

I could do 6 months at 15$ a month so 90$. However i just did your lg and i only pulled 50KB on the test file. Ran a mtr and i saw a lot of packet loss but i'm not sure if its my isp dropping icmp packets or what.

Did you really just try haggling further on a $20/mo E3?

Thanked by 2Junkless doghouch
  • I thought I was cheap.

• examar said:

I can do 3.2 GHZ QaudCore E3 CPU

Can you say the specific CPU model, at least in your order page?

• jonscookiejonscookie Member
    edited February 2017

jonscookie said: $ a month so 90$. However i just did your lg and i only pulled 50KB on the test file. Ran a mtr and i saw a lot of packet loss

@Jonchun said:

@jonscookie said:

@VortexMagnus said:

@jonscookie said:

@VortexMagnus said:
    If you can stretch...

Did you really just try haggling further on a $20/mo E3?

I set a budget. Once i set it, i want to stay in it. If it's 20$ for an E3 then I'm not interested simple as that. I appreciate Vortex offer though

• @jonscookie said:
    I set a budget. Once i set it, i want to stay in it. If it's 20$ for an E3 then I'm not interested simple as that. I appreciate Vortex offer though

Budget is around 5-15$ a month if possible.

You didn't set a firm budget. You stated "if possible". He made a ridiculously low-priced offer and you made yourself look like an ass trying to haggle further. Simple as that.

Thanked by 2Clouvider vimalware
  • @Jonchun said:

@jonscookie said:

Budget is around 5-15$ a month if possible.

You didn't set a firm budget. You stated "if possible". He made a ridiculously low-priced offer and you made yourself look like an ass trying to haggle further. Simple as that.

Okay I'll take that under advisement. Thank you for your extremely enlightening opinion

Vortex, according to people i was rude so i apologize for that. I'm gonna have to decline your offer. But again thank you for the offer.

• VortexMagnus said:

Cool those are available again. Think you might ever do an SSD version?

• @willie said:

VortexMagnus said:

Not on those. We have some SSD SuperDeals boxes being added in the next few days though.

Thanked by 1willie
  • @VortexMagnus said:

@willie said:

VortexMagnus said:

Not on those. We have some SSD SuperDeals boxes being added in the next few days though.

Do you have a deal with bigger RAM? (16-32GB)

• DaipuX said: Do you have a deal with bigger RAM? (16-32GB)

They have those all the time, currently not with SSD though.

• @DaipuX said:

@VortexMagnus said:

@willie said:

VortexMagnus said:

Do you have a deal with bigger RAM? (16-32GB)

We have 16+32GB RAM E3 boxes from $35/mo. Our SuperDeals page will be updated with some more inventory in the next few days.

• @VortexMagnus and VortexNode are an abusive spouse- they always hurt you(r wallet), but you just can't leave them!

Thanked by 2VortexMagnus lazyt