Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How can I setup VPN on Kodi?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How can I setup VPN on Kodi?

I am new to Kodi and not know much about it. I read a lot about using a VPN with kodi to access region-locked content and I am a UK fellow and I want access to US and Canada content. Any help would be appreciated.

AM

Comments

• Connect to the VPN before starting Kodi.

Thanked by 4AM1 Hybrid Lee lion
  • AM1AM1 Member
    edited February 2017

Haha I did. Wasn't sure though how'd it work and which one to go for so I visited spam snip and got all my questions answered.

• willieaameswillieaames Member
    edited January 2018

@AM1 said:
    I am new to Kodi and not know much about it. I read a lot about using a VPN with kodi to access region-locked content and I am a UK fellow and I want access to US and Canada content. Any help would be appreciated.

AM

If you want to setup openvpn using openelec manager, heres the following steps:

Copy both Open VPN Manager & OpenVPN zip files to your OpenElec Box

Now, Go to System >Add-Ons> Install from Zip File > Select VPN Manager for OpenVPN zip file and install

Once again, Go to System >Add-Ons > Install from Zip File > Select OpenVPN zip file and install

When both Add-ons are enabled , go back to the home screen

Go to , Home Screen > Programs> VPN Manager for OpenVPN > Add-on Settings> Wizard

A list of VPN providers will come up, choose your provider from the list

Enter VPN username and password in respective fields then click done

VPN Manager will now start

You can choose a VPN profile that can auto-connect and you can choose to change auto connect too

VPN servers or locations can be added to VPN Manager for Open VPN, otherwise you have to manually configure it on the OpenVPN app when you use the service.
    Source: https://www.spamspamspam.com/kodi-vpn/

If you want to setup manually through windows, read this kodi vpn setup guide.

• pewpewpadpewpewpad Member
    edited January 2018

@AM1 said:

AM

heya. :) first of all, welcome to kodi world. secondly... most of kodi's addons are not geo-restricted so you'll be able to access them without any issues, without any vpn. that said, there are a handful of kodi addons like iplayer and made in canada that might not work without you having to use a link removed. other than that, most of them should be able to work fine. in fact, try and use kodi without a vpn and only use it if you need to stay anonymous or enable an addon

• WOW - You said the KODI word, how come no one is ripping you a new A-HOLE..

• WSSWSS Member

I'd prefer whingefreepc.

• @painfreepc said:
    WOW - You said the KODI word, how come no one is ripping you a new A-HOLE..

Kodi is not illegal in anyway. What you do with it is where the legal questions begin.

• @AuroraZ said:

@painfreepc said:
    WOW - You said the KODI word, how come no one is ripping you a new A-HOLE..

Kodi is not illegal in anyway. What you do with it is where the legal questions begin.

sure you right - wink wink

• You can just use a socks proxy

• Yes VPN help to access locked regions to watch live streaming and many more. Read how to install VPN on kodi

• @davidryan said:
    Yes VPN help to access locked regions to watch live streaming and many more. Read how to install VPN on kodi

sure you right - wink wink

• rilynnevaniarilynnevania Member
    edited January 2018

You Need to Connect your VPN before starting kodi and then you can able to watch blocked live streaming

• @rilynnevania said:
    You Need to Connect your VPN before starting kodi and then you can able to watch blocked live streaming

If you're going to spam multiple forums with your shitty site, at the very least use a different username for each forum, and make sure you do not sign your posts with said website on other forums so it looks like you're the owner of the site necro-spamming: