Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

this would be a good idea if anyone can do it
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

this would be a good idea if anyone can do it

asterisk14asterisk14 Member
edited May 2013 in General

hi,

been looking at this LEB and this is what it needs

a drop down boxes :

ram required
burst required
data storage required
based (us/uk etc...)
price/ month /yr

put in the selections and the system gives you the cheapest vps based on your selection.....

what do u guys think???

Comments

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

That would be pretty cool. But it would also be a lot of work, but do it! :)

• JeffreyJeffrey Member

This has been done before, however, I forgot the provider names.

• zfedorazfedora Member
    edited May 2013

Edit: Whoops, read it wrong

You mean like a "roll your own" type thing?

• NoermanNoerman Member

Offers came every day and it hard to really summarize all.

Personally I developing a site that provide mapping for each offers based on their test ip.

• flyfly Member

@Noerman said: Personally I developing a site that provide mapping for each offers based on their test ip.

geoip is shit

• udkudk Member

http://lowendstock.com/ ?

Seems a bit out-dated though

• wdqwdq Member

Doesn't ServerBear do something just like this?

• ZettaZetta Member
    edited May 2013

@wdq said: Doesn't ServerBear do something just like this?

Not enough pandering to idiots, it should "just work". (Keep in mind these people can't even exert the effort to do their own research...)

• yomeroyomero Member

@udk said: Seems a bit out-dated though

Not at all, a couple of weeks maybe.
    @LES just adds the most cheap plans because is what the people want. And sometimes he adds some others

And about the idea, yes, I want that. He doesn't mean to create custom plans, but to compile a list of offers and give suggestions based in your requirements.

• asterisk14asterisk14 Member
    edited May 2013

WHY can't we set it up and get the providers to type the information into a database type thing themselves rather than someone at LEB doing it and that way the work is greatly reduced???

i've spent the best part of a couple of hours looking through the offers (although part was reading the comments), but if these was a table as above, i could have got this info in 10mins rather than 2 hours..

Cheapest I found - Chicago and another VPS 256MB for $12/yr

2 providers at 128MB for $10

• vedranvedran Veteran

http://vps-list.cryto.net/ but I'm not sure if it's being used

• ZettaZetta Member

@asterisk14 This is what I didn't like about how LEB works today, back then it was LEA doing research by himself and posting his own findings on companies, now it's "okay you come to me if you want to be on a post".

So WHY can't you (or whoever you want to run this thing) put effort on building a reputable site before asking every provider to waste time on it.

• asterisk14asterisk14 Member
    edited May 2013

because i have zero experience of linux/coding/html or whatever else it would require. i have installed asterisk on a vps - took me 5 days, and that was using a guide on the net, cutting and pasting!!!! It would have taken 'you' guys about 20 mins.

Could we not get some the the advertisers to sponsor it's coding?? How much would it cost? What would be required???

BTW if someone can help me install an asterisk GUI on the VPS, I would really appreciate it!!!!!!!