Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I got Photoshop CS4 Certified For Free :)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I got Photoshop CS4 Certified For Free :)

JeffreyJeffrey Member
edited May 2013 in General

Last Thursday, I officially got Adobe Photoshop CS4 certified, for free! No, I did not cheat my way through this, my local high school provides all of these certifications for free. Shortly I will also become Dreamweaver CS4 Certified and Cisco Networking Certified. Anyways, anyone know of any online type of jobs that hire designers with CS4 certifications still? I know CS4 is old, but we use that at school and next year I will become CS6 certified too. I am looking for some extra cash by using my Photoshop skills :)

Comments

• @Jeffrey, look at E-Lance, Freelancer, and the likes.

• praveenpraveen Member

congrats!

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Good money in photoshop skills. Even more money in a creative mind to go with it.

• flyfly Member

@Jeffrey said: Cisco Networking Certified

um what

• JeffreyJeffrey Member

@fly I have no idea, I'm in this program https://cisco.netacad.com/

• natestammnatestamm Member
    edited May 2013

@Jeffrey In any industry that uses the CS products the age does not matter *much you will find after some time working.
    The different versions have unique properties to them, PS CS4 being one of the most solid versions that was released.
    You got lucky there enjoy it and learn as much as you can.
    CS5 handles large images and clipboard very poorly, CS6 was an improvement but more in the work space interface. It does do better than CS5 though which crashes constantly with the type of work I usually do.
    Hope this helps

• marcmmarcm Member

@Jeffrey - are you working on getting your CCNA? How far along are you?

• RalliasRallias Member

@Jeffrey said: @fly I have no idea, I'm in this program https://cisco.netacad.com/

puke That's A+ I thought.

• JeffreyJeffrey Member
    edited May 2013

@natestamm Really? I thought that I would get bitched at for having a CS4 and not a CS6 certification here. And @marcm Yes, my CCNA and I am very close to getting certified, in two weeks we are heading over to a local college to take the certification test.

• marcmmarcm Member

@Jeffrey - Sounds good. I was just asking because Cisco is in a rush to introduce IPv6 in v5.0 so people who are currently doing v4.0 and are not finishing it this year are pretty screwed. Anyway, I am finishing my CCNA certification this summer as well. I wish you the best of luck with the final exam!

• JeffreyJeffrey Member

@marcm Yes, you are correct. My networking teacher was rambling on and on about that, it sure does suck, however, I should still be in Networking next year, Networking 4, after my certification.

• @Jeffrey I think in regards to Photo work and lots of design CS4 is overwhelmingly preferred. Definitely man that's a norm.
    CS6 is good when I was working on 80 shots of bikini models I liked the tweaks they made to shortcuts and some of the tools. I have seen some major Ecommerce departments even prefer CS3 to CS5 for it's efficiency.
    Now ya know-you just gained 9000 power.
    O.o

• JeffreyJeffrey Member
    edited May 2013

@natestamm Haha, yeah I'm CS3 and CS4 Certified.

• kbeeziekbeezie Member

When you gonna get CS6 and CC certified? :D

• TravTrav Member

Working on getting my CCNA too, goodluck to you all!