Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ioncube down, how to install ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ioncube down, how to install ?

MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
edited May 2013 in General

ioncube.com is down for hours, does anyone know how to install in this case ?

Comments

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

mirrors?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Thanks, i ill try that, it is my second time only when I install this @#$%. As usual, my luck is bad :(

• zfedorazfedora Member

@Maounique said: Thanks, i ill try that, it is my second time only when I install this @#$%. As usual, my luck is bad :(

I have a copy of the loaders still if you need them still. I could send em over if you need.

• zfedorazfedora Member

https://southbendservers.com/downloads

There ya go, it has the wizard to if you need.

• zfedorazfedora Member

@Maounique said: Thanks :)

No problem :)

• kbeeziekbeezie Member

By the way if you're talking bout just the loaders (as zfedora said for example) there's plenty of mirrors.

Licenses for the encoders on the other hand can be problematic if their licensing server goes down.

PS: I usually install the loaders from ports, which will try ioncube's servers first, but will fall back to mirrors if it can't reach them. I imagine something like aptitude or yum may do the same if ioncube is a part of those repositories.

edited May 2013

needed the amd64 version, but in the end managed, the google cached page loaded in the end :)
    Yes, I needed only the loader but didnt know how to get them, had no idea there are mirrors for it :)
    I didnt expect the site to be down for so many hours either...
    Thanks everyone :)

• kbeeziekbeezie Member

I don't think they have an AMD64 specific, just simply 32-bit (x86), 64-bit (x86_64) for whatever OS you're on.

You using Linux or something else?

yeah, well, x86_64, centos 6.4.
    I guess i always expected these to be closely guarded by some ppl afraid of cracks or whatever...
    These encryptions give headaches only to honest people, the pirates also can distribute their backdoors and malware, it is a bad business model, who wants a nulled version will find anyway...

• kbeeziekbeezie Member

The only assurance the software writers have of avoiding 'cracked' loaders is two things mainly.

1) Keep encoders up to date
    2) Remove any "old" copies of your software encoded with previous encoders from use.

ie: WHMCS does this basically they don't allow any rather old version in their download section primarily for this reason, anything encoded with ioncube encoder 6.5.x for example is decoded (I've tested this), but not 7.0.x (least not as easy as a batch script).

And there's of course options such as not allowing the script to run if it detects any 3rd party modules along side ioncube that it doesn't trust and some other stuff. I've played around with it over the last couple years for my own scripts as I have a copy of the ioncube encoder pro license. It's not encryption per se just byte code encoding and obfuscation (but non-php files can actually be encrypted such as tpl files or other data file).

I generally have mixed opinions about it since I know how rampant the script sharing can be, besides there's always places like codecanyon I haven't run across a script there that was encoded/encrypted as it's against envato's author policy.

PS: I have dealt with clients who would generally be dishonest if they could, but are not smart enough to find a nulled copy, as time is money, and it's cheaper to just pay up if they really need it, but at the same time I'm not going to be a "fucking dick" like the creators of ioncube where they treat every customer that contacts them for support like potential pirates ( I had to deal with them with one of my machines was re-loaded and uninstalling ioncube didn't revoke the license, and they were treating me like a thief the whole time dealing with them).

So yea... mixed opinions on "protection", especially when you consider the mentality of a lot on say LET, who would just steal a script because it would just be cheaper to do so if they could without any fuss.

Speaking of which, anyone find a nulled copy of SolusVM and WHMCS that isn't riddled with bugs yet?

@kbeezie said: anyone find a nulled copy of SolusVM and WHMCS that isn't riddled with bugs yet?

Anyone find the original versions without bugs yet ? :P
    There is no such thing as a bugless software, perhaps hello world...

• zfedorazfedora Member
    edited May 2013

@Maounique - I went ahead and removed the loader files, let me know if you need them still

• kbeeziekbeezie Member
    edited May 2013

@Maounique said: Anyone find the original versions without bugs yet ? :P

There is no such thing as a bugless software, perhaps hello world...

LoL well guess I should have phrased it "no buggier than the original encoded copy".

(though ironically some of those bugs were probably easy for a typical PHP novice to fix if they just had the source).

edited May 2013

Thank you, dont need them anymore :)
    Softaculous up and running.
    Now how to automatically provide owncloud with whmcs :)
    but that is fun to discover, dont tell me :P

@kbeezie said: (though ironically some of those bugs were probably easy for a typical PHP novice to fix if they just had the source).

I think there are providers that do just that, get the source from various sources and patch the bugs. I read here a couple of months ago, but i dont remember who did that.

• @Maounique said: There is no such thing as a bugless software, perhaps hello world...

Idk about that. I've had my "Hello World" turn into "Goodbye, Cruel World" before.

• kbeeziekbeezie Member

@Magiobiwan said: Idk about that. I've had my "Hello World" turn into "Goodbye, Cruel World" before.

You need to stop running it from the 4chan parser...