Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedistation is back
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedistation is back

they moved their billing to new domain: https://dstn.uk

I think they are preparing for come back... would love if they come back with their excellent offers.

Comments

• and yet, they do not answer 2 months old, opened tickets...

• Not sure. haven't replied to me for a month now. Lets see.

• It also looks like all their servers are vps. No dedis listed despite their name.

• @willie said:
    It also looks like all their servers are vps. No dedis listed despite their name.

Sensible/relevant naming has been a problem in the LE* space for some time.

• @zetgr said:
    and yet, they do not answer 2 months old, opened tickets...
    @AM1 said:
    Not sure. haven't replied to me for a month now. Lets see.

my vpss with them are running quite good for almost 8 months now. but yes, they don't answer support tickets :D

but hey, it's just $15/year vps! who cares.

• @willie said:
    It also looks like all their servers are vps. No dedis listed despite their name.

I think they are basically ovh reseller.

• @pixahex - I have a VPS with them, personal one, and i have 10 second downtime each 3-5 minutes... I care!

• I have 2 vps with them. Not the best I ever had, but not so bad for the extremely low yearly price. I do not monitoring frequently but, used as minor backup servers, are still working with uptime 74 and 57 days. Didn't even notice that they changed the url of their sites.

• anton101101anton101101 Member
    edited February 2017

My VPS is currently still suspended and I have also recently paid an invoice. No response on my tickets and I have now escalated non-receipt claim with paypal which is too bad as I had enjoyed using my VPS over the last year plus the price was very much a steal never noticed any major drops or down time and network speed was great for me. I wondered what happened.

• Given the wide choice of providers offering services on LET, why would anyone sign up with a provider who has a track record of not responding to tickets?

• @Nekki said:
    Given the wide choice of providers offering services on LET, why would anyone sign up with a provider who has a track record of not responding to tickets?

I rented Kimsufi because it's cheap. Actually, they do get back to tickets, it just takes them several days. My damn Atom seems to have some hardware issue since it bricks every couple of days- and they will reboot it, but haven't swapped it out yet.

• Next amazing event after @cociu ;)

• WSS said: I rented Kimsufi because it's cheap. Actually, they do get back to tickets, it just takes them several days.

Are Kimsufi known for not responding to tickets then?

jenkki said: Next amazing event after @cociu ;)

What the fuck are you going on about?

• WSSWSS Member
    edited February 2017

@Nekki said:

WSS said: I rented Kimsufi because it's cheap. Actually, they do get back to tickets, it just takes them several days.

Are Kimsufi known for not responding to tickets then?

I can't speak for others- but for myself, it's about 5 days before a response on something important. I have a secondary nameserver that seems to be dying ever since I got it, but so far they seem content to let it sit at least an hour and then hard reboot it. Next time it hangs, I'm going to ask for a replacement machine.

Their Atom distributions are kind of wacked- a previous person ran FreeBSD on it before I got it, so the moment it booted outside of rescue- it refused to boot. I assume it made some UEFI changes that weren't cleaned out, but I really don't know. Had I known it was FBSD priorly, I would have just installed that, since I prefer it (when OpenBSD isn't available).

So far, I really like Hetzner by comparison- but I've never had to open a ticket with them.

• @WSS said:
    So far, I really like Hetzner by comparison- but I've never had to open a ticket with them.

They're typical German. They answer the question fast and efficiently, but dont wrap it in niceties. Feels cold but suffices (and is quite fast, <24h during working days).

• Nekki said: What the fuck are you going on about?

Just about a unatended king of dmca takedown notices

• They never answer tickets

• @jenkki said:

Nekki said: What the fuck are you going on about?

Unattended?

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@Nekki said:

@jenkki said:

Nekki said: What the fuck are you going on about?

Unattended?

Do you not understand broken English? The prick is talking about when Cociu got banned went on holiday for a few days. Something about his sister?

Thanked by 1jenkki
  • @zetgr said:
    @pixahex - I have a VPS with them, personal one, and i have 10 second downtime each 3-5 minutes... I care!

lol, may be I'm lucky! I have no down time on this one: https://dstn.uk/order.php?step=0&productGroup=18

• @jooja said:
    They never answer tickets

yeah, they did answered long time ago but not now.

• @Nekki said:
    Given the wide choice of providers offering services on LET, why would anyone sign up with a provider who has a track record of not responding to tickets?

well, do any provider have https://dstn.uk/order.php?step=0&productGroup=18 such offers?

I really love my this vps, it never goes down. it never gives shit! don't know about other nodes and location... but this one is superb!!!

• pixahex said: I have a VPS with them, personal one, and i have 10 second downtime each 3-5 minutes... I care!

3-5 minutes downtime per each 10 seconds will be better.

Thanked by 1zetgr