Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Domain Hijack or Just Misconfiguration?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Domain Hijack or Just Misconfiguration?

eastoncheastonch Member
edited May 2013 in General

Hi LET,

I'm a little bit out of my depth here, unsure of where to start.

I have a domain, chriseaston.info which was linking to my Kimsufi through host records with NameCheap, now today when I try to start making some changes, I notice that only the subdomains actually point correctly, the main site is now being redirected to 'black lotus communications', which as you may know, is an Anti-DDOS network. Something I've never used and don't think my domain is even hooked up to anything except my Kimsufi.

My subdomains are using A records and are going through perfectly fine. See: http://my.fuckingip.info/.

Anybody know where to start with this?

Regards.
Chris.

Edit: IP: 192.31.186.186 ASN: AS32421 to BLC (Black Lotus Communications)

Comments

• udkudk Member

You have it set to URL redirect, that will basically use your DNS host's servers to handle the redirect which is why you're seeing that strange IP for chriseaston.info

www.chriseaston.info on the other hand points to your kimsufi box

All seems fine here, but I'd recommend getting rid of the url redirect (point it to your kimsufi box and handle the redirect yourself - it's one less point of failure)

• eastoncheastonch Member
    edited May 2013

@udk how do you mean, handle it yourself? I've always just redirected @ -> the domain name as per NameCheaps' recommendations, changed it round and found no solution thus far. The site resolves, but it's not on the server I linked it to, so I'm unsure.

Edit: Used a different node, pings look like they go to the right IP now, cheers.

• udkudk Member

I meant don't use namecheap's redirections. Make it point to your IP and change your web server config to redirect chriseaston.info to www.chriseaston.info

• krokro Member

Use A/AAAA records instead of url redirection

• @udk Ah right, I see, thanks :)

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

Seems like the BlackLotus IP, is the IP of the server that Namecheap uses for HTTP redirections then.