Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question about BuyShared Reseller plans
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Question about BuyShared Reseller plans

gappergapper Member
edited January 2017 in Providers

Hi guys,

1. Do they provide the ability to set my own custom nameservers? I mean something like ns1.myowndomain.com and ns2.myowndomain.com

2. On post #19 here is it true that their welcome email doesn't include the nameservers to use and that I need to open a support ticket to obtain that information?

3. I'm helping a friend of mine to get in the hosting business. She will register with her own details at BuyShared but I'll pay for her account using my Paypal (we are going to do this from the same computer, I'll be with her during the registration and setup process of her reseller account). As per from what I can read on post #15 here BuyShared is a bit rude when it comes to these situations and simply ban the account and refund the money. How to prevent this in my case?

Btw I'm asking here to current customers of BuyShared because I asked directly to @Francisco however he haven't replied.

Thanks,
gapper

Comments

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

gapper said: he will register with her own details at BuyShared but I'll pay for his account using my Paypal

So, is it a she or he? ...

Thanked by 3HyperSpeed netomx WHT
  • @rsk said:

gapper said: he will register with her own details at BuyShared but I'll pay for his account using my Paypal

shemale?

• gappergapper Member
    edited January 2017

It is a lady. My native language isn't english but spanish, that's why sometimes I make those mistakes...

Regardless I would like to get answers to my questions.

Thanked by 1DewlanceVPS
  • @rsk said:

Glad I wasn't the only one to notice this, this sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. I've found Fran and Aldryc to be reasonable depending on what the request is; is it so much of an issue for you to signup using your details and Pay or get "her" to sign up and give her the money over Paypal so she can pay?

It sounds like this situation has been over complicated and they will provide you nameservers they use but you should be able to make your own if you know how.

• She doesn't have Paypal but she does have a bank account and a debit card that she can use to pay for the service. However I have around $20 of Paypal credit thanks to the 2% cash back offer and I would like to use that money to pay for the service because I would like her to get the Reseller 20G plan paying for a full year of service ($18.36).

Another way would be to signup with my own details at BuyShared and then after payment open a ticket with billing to ask them to change my details with her own details?

• @gapper said:
    She doesn't have Paypal but she does have a bank account and a debit card that she can use to pay for the service. However I have around $20 of Paypal credit thanks to the 2% cash back offer and I would like to use that money to pay for the service because I would like her to get the Reseller 20G plan paying for a full year of service ($18.36).

Another way would be to signup with my own details at BuyShared and then after payment open a ticket with billing to ask them to change my details with her own details?

If you ask by opening a support ticket - I would imagine this to be OK as it's paid using your details?

@francisco can confirm :-)

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

So long as it's your name in billing and on the paypal it's fine.

Yes the welcome email is a mess, we will clean it up this week. Worst case ticket and we will provide you the IP addresses. Yes private nameservers are fine, let us know if you need a hand configuring it.

Francisco

Thanked by 1DewlanceVPS
  • @gapper said:
    Hi guys,

1. Do they provide the ability to set my own custom nameservers? I mean something like ns1.myowndomain.com and ns2.myowndomain.com

2. On post #19 here is it true that their welcome email doesn't include the nameservers to use and that I need to open a support ticket to obtain that information?

3. I'm helping a friend of mine to get in the hosting business. She will register with her own details at BuyShared but I'll pay for her account using my Paypal (we are going to do this from the same computer, I'll be with her during the registration and setup process of her reseller account). As per from what I can read on post #15 here BuyShared is a bit rude when it comes to these situations and simply ban the account and refund the money. How to prevent this in my case?

Btw I'm asking here to current customers of BuyShared because I asked directly to @Francisco however he haven't replied.

Thanks,
    gapper

1. Not on your dedicated IP. If you can find out IP of nsx.buyvm.net, you can point your ns to that IP, but didn't work out well for me. Without rdns, shared accounts under my reseller had issues with Let's encrypt.

2. Their welcome email doesn't contain ns info, I can confirm.

Private nameservers is very straight forward as I said, just ticket if you need help. most of our resellers have it setup.

Francisco

• @Francisco just to confirm, can I register on BuyShared using my own details, pay with my own Paypal and then open a ticket asking to change my name and address to the name and address of my friend?

To prevent this mess, would you be so kind to allow her to directly register with her own details but pay with my Paypal?

No.

It'll have to stay in your name until we can verify who they are. Otherwise this would be a hilarious loophole to use stolen credit cards.

We don't exempt on the PayPal name match policy, it sets a bad precidence.

Sorry.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • No problem, but it means that I can register with my own details (i.e. name, address, etc) and after Paypal payment open a ticket to get the account details changed to her own data (name, address, etc)?

Again, no.

She would have to have an active service with us for a while.

Francisco

• Correct, all fine. To prevent issues I'll make her pay with her own debit card using her own details.

One last thing: I know that you're busy in the US doing business but I would really appreciate if you could update the welcome email today because I'll make her order your service tomorrow and would love to make her see that getting in the hosting business is easy.

The fact that she will need to open a ticket to get the nameservers will make her think that this is not as easy as I told her...

i've already asked billing to work on cleaning it up :)

Francisco

• @gapper said:
    make her see that getting in the hosting business is easy.

>

You're giving her false hopes.

The fact that she will need to open a ticket to get the nameservers will make her think that this is not as easy as I told her...

Opening a ticket is the easiest thing she will probably do in the web hosting industry.

Im lost for words.

• "managing your web hosting account has never been easier with the industry leading web hosting control panel cpanel & whm."

Does that mean free WHMCS?

• @tr1cky said:
    "managing your web hosting account has never been easier with the industry leading web hosting control panel cpanel & whm."

Does that mean free WHMCS?

No, WHMCS is a billing portal - cPanel is more of the user interface whereas WHM is the administrator side to create cPanel accounts and manage the whole thing rather than billing people :P

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • WSSWSS Member

CPanel and WHMCS. I still have flashbacks. shivver

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited January 2017

gapper said: The fact that she will need to open a ticket to get the nameservers will make her think that this is not as easy as I told her...

The fact that you/she think opening a ticket is a drawback for starting a hosting business, should alone keep you and her away ftom this area. Opening a ticket is as easy as it gets. Answering her client's tickets when they arise, after she sold them a hosting packet? Can she give her clients any form of support, even answering to a n))bie question about Cpanel or anything?

Please, stay away from hosting business...

gapper said: getting in the hosting business is easy

if you think that you can "get in the hosting business" just by buying a reseller packet, then you are sooo wrong...