Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do anybody know if OVH Real Time Monitor for Windows create a OVH admin user?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Do anybody know if OVH Real Time Monitor for Windows create a OVH admin user?

I'm doing a security update on all servers that I have, changing passwords, applying IP restrictions etc etc.
When checking my OVH Enterprise SP-64 server, that I have used my own made Windows template on, I did find a OVH user account with full Administrator access including remote desktop access.
Since I have used the same Windows template on several servers, I know that I do not have an OVH user account on any of them.

But, on the OVH server I have installed their RTM (Real Time Monitor) software: http://help.ovh.com/RealTimeMonitoring

Do anybody else use this on Windows, and/or know if this software creates a OVH user account with Admin rights?

I can see that nothing has changed in my firewall, only my own IPs is allowed using Remote Desktop. Still, I do not like that I have this account.
I want to delete it, but if it is a part of the RTM program, I will see if I can reduce it to a guest/user account or something.

Comments

• Yes it does create a account simply for the administrator right as thats the only way it can get the stats needed to monitor your server, when using any of there servers and there rtm it creates a user, something i never liked.

Thanked by 1myhken
  • JMeisterJMeister Member
    edited January 2017

I use a cheap ovh kimsufi server as rdp with windows server 2012. I have never installed anything on it that would require a specific level of admin access or a separate admin account altogether to tell me how much space or RAM I am using, or whether my server is online.

Uptime robot handles the latter extremely well, without demanding access that could be used to nose around my server or go through my files if something should get compromised with the reporting platform.

Thanked by 1myhken
  • pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@myhken said:
    I'm doing a security update on all servers that I have, changing passwords, applying IP restrictions etc etc.
    When checking my OVH Enterprise SP-64 server, that I have used my own made Windows template on, I did find a OVH user account with full Administrator access including remote desktop access.
    Since I have used the same Windows template on several servers, I know that I do not have an OVH user account on any of them.

But, on the OVH server I have installed their RTM (Real Time Monitor) software: http://help.ovh.com/RealTimeMonitoring

Do anybody else use this on Windows, and/or know if this software creates a OVH user account with Admin rights?

I can see that nothing has changed in my firewall, only my own IPs is allowed using Remote Desktop. Still, I do not like that I have this account.
    I want to delete it, but if it is a part of the RTM program, I will see if I can reduce it to a guest/user account or something.

It hasn't create a new user on my host.

• pbgben said: It hasn't create a new user on my host.

And you are using Windows also?