Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please, to delete the post bar - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Please, to delete the post bar

2»

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@jvnadr said:

SHEN_JM said: In fact, I just want to ask people who have used, you tried this, why suddenly to provide proof, I think my help has lost its meaning

The change of the initial post is icing on the cake. OP realized that his thread didn't achieve the goal of bashing the provider, but instead of that, it made him looking as wrong, so, he deleted his words! Nice!

Deleting content should be a bannable offence.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited January 2017

Restored OP. (yes, it was that incomplete from the start)

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited January 2017

@bsdguy I understand from the customer standpoint that it's simply not safe to upload anything anymore.

With identity rates on the rise, many people have had their lives ruined, and many have lost everything.

At one point, LastPass was something people had their trust in, but when there was the breach... well, people (inevitably) got hacked. Whether one used it for banking, or not, hackers were able to leak a huge database of passwords.

Now LastPass isn't totally related to Aruba or identity theft, we can apply this to them.

Who knows? One day, they could be hacked too, and the OP (could even) have his ID stolen, and ex. have an obliterated credit.

tl;dr the Internet ain't no safe place to store your ID. I'd rather refuse to produce ID, than to be calling Equifax to hold my credit.

(I wrote this on my phone in a minute; my English won't be perfect)

• @SHEN_JM said:
    Please look carefully, otherwise do not criticize casually

We play game now.....

That sentence sounds like a rather solid grasp of English all of a sudden.

• @leona said:

@SHEN_JM said:
    Please look carefully, otherwise do not criticize casually

We play game now.....

That sentence sounds like a rather solid grasp of English all of a sudden.

You got me at "We play game now"

How'd you know? This game is for the kool kids only.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@Amitz said:
    Restored OP. (yes, it was that incomplete from the start)

Thanks @Amitz !

Thanked by 2Hxxx Amitz
  • I have to sympathize with OP unless something is omitted. A host should not accept payment from someone, activate a service, and then stop the service and ask for more ID, unless actual abuse has taken place.

Asking for ID before activating the service is fine, it becomes part of the purchase transaction and the payment can be refunded if the seller is not satisfied. Once the payment is accepted and the service is on, the purchase transaction is over, and any interruption of the service is unscheduled downtime, that since it's done on purpose can even be considered abuse by the host.

Hosts, if you want to ask for someone's ID, ask for it BEFORE turning on the server. Clients hit all kinds of snags getting payments through, requiring attention til the server is actually running. The client shouldn't count on being able to use the server til all those details are done. Once the VPS is running, though, the client should be able to launch services on it and consider them as reliable as anything else running at that host.

• @willie said:
    I have to sympathize with OP unless something is omitted. A host should not accept payment from someone, activate a service, and then stop the service and ask for more ID, unless actual abuse has taken place.

I dont know how it was 10 days ago, but about 5 days ago I tried to open an aruba account to get that cheap 1€ vpn in Italy, but they had a field in their registration mask that demanded my national id#. Because I also dont like to give out my ID, I didnt register there in the end after all.

So unless he got a different registration process, it was very clear they want something akin to id verification.

• MagicalTrain said:

So unless he got a different registration process, it was very clear they want something akin to id verification.

Question is whether the verification request was made before or after the server was running.

• @willie said:

MagicalTrain said:

Question is whether the verification request was made before or after the server was running.

Thats why I wrote the paragraph before it. For me it was very clear they wanted verification when they asked for national id#.