Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS SolusVM Random Question
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS SolusVM Random Question

EpidriveEpidrive Member
edited May 2013 in General

Does the vm automatically terminate if you 'cancel' the order?

Comments

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited May 2013

Yes

If you read the pop up to confirm cancellation of order it says it will terminate any services that are active

• @Patrick does not say any.. And is it instant?

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited May 2013

@Simple3x said: @Patrick does not say any.. And is it instant?

Yes.

Are you on View Orders page?

I get this popup:
    "Are you sure you want to cancel this order? This will also run module termination for any active products/services."

• EpidriveEpidrive Member
    edited May 2013

@Patrick yeahh for some reason its working right now. Last time it did not.

Thanks patrick

• SkylarMSkylarM Member

I don't remember if it instantly terminates or not. I know last time I tried it did it with the cron job, but that may have been on the due date.

• eric1212eric1212 Member
    edited May 2013

/whmcs/admin/configauto.php

Automatic Module Functions >> Tick this box to enable automatic termination

I think this ^ has to be enabled for any cancellation to terminate a VPS. From what I understand... Without ticking that box, it doesn't have "permission" to terminate.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited May 2013

Auto termination is living life on the edge. Pretty sure most vps hosts using whmcs have had at least one experience that'll have them enable that feature again over their dead body.

• seriesnseriesn Member

@jarland said: Auto termination is living life on the edge. Pretty sure most vps hosts using whmcs have had at least one experience that'll have them enable that feature again over their dead body.

Just imagine your server that is hosting WHMCS, magically changes the server time. You are finished.

• semowebsemoweb Member

@seriesn said: Just imagine your server that is hosting WHMCS, magically changes the server time. You are finished.

Or if someone forces your cron? (that was a bug I always knew about) :)

• seriesnseriesn Member

@semoweb said: Or if someone forces your cron? (that was a bug I always knew about) :)

Aha! YES! Someone did that to me once. That is why you change your admin folder name and use password authentication.

• semowebsemoweb Member
    edited May 2013

@seriesn said: Aha! YES! Someone did that to me once. That is why you change your admin folder name and use password authentication.

:) What a NASTY bug right?

• seriesnseriesn Member

@semoweb said: :) What a NASTY bug right?

Not a bug. Nope, just some internet bimbo playing bimbo games.

• @jarland said: Auto termination is living life on the edge. Pretty sure most vps hosts using whmcs have had at least one experience that'll have them enable that feature again over their dead body.

Agreed,

Although wished that WHMCS put all pending cancellations in a nice list for admin review and manual termination