Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for storage VPS providers - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for storage VPS providers

2»

Comments

• This might interest you: 1TB KVM raid6 for $7/m (promo), location Utah:

https://billing.httpzoom.com/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=0

They also have 500GB for $6/m but that's silly.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @willie said:
    This might interest you: 1TB KVM raid6 for $7/m (promo), location Utah:

https://billing.httpzoom.com/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=0

They also have 500GB for $6/m but that's silly.

Nah sorry, I guess I am going with Hetzner or just another 1TB VPS at Time4VPS for 47$/year xD

• What Hetzner plan would you get? Just wondering. Yes if you can take 1TB then there's more options.

• Based on my own recent thread; I went down a lot of routes and looked at a number of options; as of right now, it looks highly likely that I'm going to end up consolidating a number of servers into one and expand the storage (for an amazing price) on an existing dedi.

My mistake was not talking to my existing providers about what I needed before opening a thread on LET.

Thanked by 3Ympker bersy WSS
  • @willie said:
    What Hetzner plan would you get? Just wondering. Yes if you can take 1TB then there's more options.

I'm tending towards 1TB now xD

• Ympker said:

Keep in mind Hetzner's 1tb storage plan is 8 euro/month and its 2tb plan is 10 euro/month. Maybe you are really ready for 2tb ;)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @willie said:

Ympker said:

Keep in mind Hetzner's 1tb storage plan is 8 euro/month and its 2tb plan is 10 euro/month. Maybe you are really ready for 2tb ;)

Stop tempting me :P
    Went from 500gb to 1tb now 2tb :O

• @Ympker said:

@willie said:

Ympker said:

Stop tempting me :P
    Went from 500gb to 1tb now 2tb :O

You can never have too much storage. Just taken one server from 2TB to 10TB.

MORE POWAH!

• Nekki, what server was that, where they did an 8tb upgrade? Thanks.

• @willie said:
    Nekki, what server was that, where they did an 8tb upgrade? Thanks.

A provider not really active on LET; let me find out if this is an offer available for anyone.

• @willie said:

Ympker said:

hetzner storage boxes are scalable, so you can change to more when needed. No need to order the bigger one in first place.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited January 2017

@willie said:
    Nekki, what server was that, where they did an 8tb upgrade? Thanks.

So, having spoken to the provider, the offer is repeatable; if you want something speak to @Infinity. The base config is an L5630, 8GB RAM and 2TB Enterprise HDD in the UK for £35; the server has space for 2 more and prices start at £3.75 for an additional 2TB drive.

Thanked by 1willie
  • Falzo said: hetzner storage boxes are scalable, so you can change to more when needed. No need to order the bigger one in first place.

True, but until you need the bigger one you can do better elsewhere.

• williewillie Member
    edited January 2017

Nekki said: The base config is an L5630, 8GB RAM and 2TB Enterprise HDD in the UK for £35; the server has space for 2 more and prices start at £3.75 for an additional 2TB drive.

Nice! So it sounds like you now have 1x2TB + 2x4TB. £3.75/mo for a 2TB drive is pretty good. Is that a single L5630 or 2x? How much are the 4TB drives?

For a read-intensive workload I'm told Seagate SMR drives work pretty well, if that's of interest. I know some people who are using 1000s of them. The write speed is poor but they don't mind.

• @willie said:

Nekki said: The base config is an L5630, 8GB RAM and 2TB Enterprise HDD in the UK for £35; the server has space for 2 more and prices start at £3.75 for an additional 2TB drive.

Nice! So it sounds like you now have 1x2TB + 2x4TB. £3.75/mo for a 2TB drive is pretty good. Is that a single L5630 or 2x? How much are the 4TB drives?

I think it's a single core L5630 from memory, but if you need x2 I'm sure a deal can be done. The 4TB drives are £7.50 for desktop grade drives, which I'm happy with based on my usage as they'll mainly be used for data and media storage; the 2TBs are enterprise though, which is pretty outstanding pricing IMO.

Thanked by 1willie
  • £7.50 for 4TB desktop drives is outstanding. Thanks!