Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does any one have a suggestion for a platform for this?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Does any one have a suggestion for a platform for this?

jvnadrjvnadr Member
edited January 2017 in Help

Hello all!
I am looking for an opensource/free self hosted platform for managing subscribers (the usage will not be for online subscribers but something like more a circulation manager or a printed newspaper's subscribers list). A CRM that can handle a list of subscribers would fit, maybe.
Any suggestions could be very appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• You could check if here's something that works.

• @Pandy I already have this list, thank you. But there isn't there something so specific like I asked. There are some close to my target solutions, but still looking for something that fits more as a subscription platform or, better, as a circulation manager.

• You mean, for email marketing?

• If you really need it online for offline business (?) you might go check in 8th-dev.com and code something exactly how you want with the free edition (or ask Ron or some of the community for a quote) or someone adept in PHP, etc.

..otherwise I'd say go oldschool and look for a desktop CRM like Act! Pro (windows) or whatnot. I used to make this sort of thing in Clipper (Nantucket) years ago.

It sounds as if the list is valuable/profitable for you so it could be a bit of money spent could be well worth it.

• varunchopra said: You mean, for email marketing?

Absolutely no, how did you get to that conclusion? I need an on line system that can keep track of subscribers of a newspaper and, maybe, the advertisers.

Smokey said: If you really need it online for offline business (?) you might go check in 8th-dev.com and code something exactly how you want with the free edition

I am not capable to code something myself. And I have an off line solution, I would like something online to be handled from anywhere by more than one person, hosted in a server on the net -among others- for redundancy.

• willie said: Try here?

Either Drupal or Joomla does not have a module/component that suits to what I need. There is a WP addon, though, more close to that, but it is buggy and outdated.

• I still don't know what you want. List of subscribers and maybe a list of advertisers, with addresses, payment history etc.? Maybe you want something along the lines of Quickbooks? How many subscribers/advertisers/etc., do you expect them to all be able to update their info and make payments through a web site, or what?

If it's a small circulation pub and mostly static info that you're going to maintain yourself, a text file probably suffices.

• @jvnadr said:
    I need an on line system that can keep track of subscribers of a newspaper and, maybe, the advertisers.

Simple enough. Maybe too simple to get decent/worthwhile search results in the huge opensource pool..

@jvnadr said:
    I am not capable to code something myself.

A coder could deliver a solution well fitted to your needs for reasonable compensation and save you some time perhaps. There's lots of sites like this which might be more productive than foraging through git/sourceforge/etc and never quite finding a good match.

Massaging general purpose stuff to fit particular needs can be really hit and miss from my experience.

Personally I'd not want to create/have dependencies on CMS frameworks, etc for something so straight forward/simple just for the sake of it..

If you're still fishing for something out-of-box to work for you it couldn't hurt to drop a post of your needs onto a few freelance coder sites... assuming you'd consider buying something to fit your needs.

• souensouen Member
    edited January 2017

Drupal was already mentioned, but is CiviCRM not suitable?

Edit: while it has a non-profit slant, it allows additional fields and might be customisable for your needs.

Thanked by 1jvnadr
  • souen said: is CiviCRM not suitable?

Seem interesting. Thanks for the suggestion. I will have a closer look to that!

• yektayekta Member
    edited January 2017

.. /wrong thread/