Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KuberDock EOS and EOL
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

KuberDock EOS and EOL

Comments

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Very surprised to see that. I am not really in the docker stuff, however I also thought it had some potential.

• launchvpslaunchvps Member, Patron Provider

@AlexBarakov said:
    Very surprised to see that. I am not really in the docker stuff, however I also thought it had some potential.

Same on my end.

I setup the 3 node demo a couple of months ago. Didn't really think it was ready for production in terms of selling to customers. But, I kept my eye on it because it did seem marketable/valuable (especially based on Docker) to have a system to easily spin up containers and orchestrate them for customers. All with a simple UI.

On the other hand, I thought it was too expensive and just wasn't there yet for customers. But, it definitely seemed like it could have that wow factor at some point.

They are open sourcing it, so maybe we'll see something grow out of it.

• WSSWSS Member

They may be open sourcing it. I think everyone else has learned from Caldera that this rarely brings you profit.

Thanked by 1launchvps