Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Cheapest Colocation /w TB Based BW
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for Cheapest Colocation /w TB Based BW

serverianserverian Member
edited May 2013 in General

For a personal non-profit project, I'm looking for the cheapest 2U 2A (one server) colocation in the USA.

The location does not matter.

I need at least 25TB BW @ 1Gbps port with cheap per TB overage fees.

The network can be single homed. I'm totally fine with HE.net and Cogent.

I need a /25 subnet with this with proper justification.

I've been searching and asking for quotes from datacenters. I've got a $149/month so far. I'm not sure if I can get even cheaper, that's why I've created this thread.

Looking for suggestions.

Datacenters can PM me with their offers as well.

Comments

• 24khost24khost Member
    edited May 2013

colostore has some nice deals and can probably get better if you contact them.

Rackmount Colocation $69.95
    1U to 4U in Size
    2 Amps or Power
    unmetered 10 Meg bandwidth $69.95
    Gigabit Switch Port $4.95
    CentOS Linux 32bit $0.00
    ---------
    Monthly Total $144.85
    One Time Setup $49.95
    First Month Total $194.80

• PatrickPatrick Member

Try contact Constant / Choopa to get discount on there 2U for Gbit+More BW

https://www.constant.com/order/order.php?PLANID=585

• Mon5t3rMon5t3r Member

Dacentec can do a cheap BW for you (Cogent), but i think the cost IPs aren't quite cheap for $1/IP.

• @Patrick said: Try contact Constant / Choopa to get discount on there 2U for Gbit+More BW

https://www.constant.com/order/order.php?PLANID=585

They do $2 per ip

• @Mon5t3r said: Dacentec can do a cheap BW for you (Cogent), but i think the cost IPs aren't quite cheap for $1/IP.

Yeah, need cheap ips

• @CVPS_Chris

IPs are $0.20/IP/mo

• zfedorazfedora Member

+1 to Colostore, just signed a yearly agreement on a 1/4th rack and got 10% off per month. Contact Josh Barrett (joshb[@]colostore.com) and see what kind of deals he can get you. Or Joe (joe[@]colostore.com).

IPs are a bit expensive at Colostore, though.

• 24khost24khost Member

@zfedora welcome to the nieghbor hood. Are you apart of southbendvps?

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Check out DataShack/WholesaleInternet or of course ColoCrossing :)

• zfedorazfedora Member
    edited May 2013

@24khost said: welcome to the nieghbor hood. Are you apart of southbendvps?

SouthBendVPS/SouthBendServers just a small company right now, hoping to grow with the 1/4th rack.

And thanks, glad to be apart of the neighborhood! Great people at Colostore, Joe's a great guy, same with Josh. From the outside, Colostore doesn't really look like a Datacenter, but the inside is pretty nice actually.

I'll be out there in a couple of days getting our 1/4th rack setup. Been talking a lot with Jason Canady (owns the cage, was a senior developer at LSN I believe) about getting set up. He runs also UnlimitedNet. Very helpful guy as well!

• SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited May 2013

I'm fairly interested in this topic myself, looking for maybe a quarter to half rack with at least 100TB on a gbit port, probably only need a /27 or /26 at most so I don't care too much about IP cost. I'd be fine with single homed or cheaper mixes. Thing is, I really would prefer something close to where I live so I can get there in under an hour. So central California(close to Lodi/Sacromento) and Central Florida(close to Daytona/Jacksonville) are my options. I know if went to LA for CA I could probably get some deals from QuadraNet. I'm in Florida at the moment so I'd prefer that for now, but can be in California if I really can't get the best deal here. Anyone got some opinions on the matter?

Also, I don't mean to hijack your topic @serverian, if you mind this, I'll make my own.

Edit: I should probably add something to this topic. Seconding Dacentec if you don't mind the IPs, I got some great offers from them while shopping around, but I just can't do their location.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited May 2013

Chat with Fiberhub.

You get silly cheap transit costs and IP's are well priced (< $1.00/IP range I think?)

Supports great during their business hours. If you're colocating, save yourself any possible nighttime tech fees by having IPMI's on everything.

Francisco

• SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited May 2013

@francisco

Wow, that is really cheap.

• Upgrade to 100TB Bandwidth / Gig-E Port – $150/m

I'm tempted to forgo wanting to colo near me for a few boxes with these prices.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Yep.

Network is great. While latency increased for some users (namely Asia), a lot of them have reported far more stable speeds.

Rob hasn't discovered a way to clone himself yet so he's usually bogged down some so try to give him a few to respond. Hitting him on WHT can usually get a quicker reply on questions too.

They sell these 1/4 rack deals a lot and they're pretty cool. Each one is a completely split cube with its own private drop from their RX's.

Francisco

• SetsuraSetsura Member

Very interesting, thank for you very much for the info @francisco. I'll surely have to contact them for some more info, maybe visit NV.