Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

StartSSL problems
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

StartSSL problems

RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran
edited May 2013 in General

Hello guys. Yesterday I installed a free certificate for my website radiclub.eu . It worked fine, but I can no longer, access the blog.radiclub.eu subdomain. Is the problem being caused, because the SSL's common name is set to: blog.radiclub.eu(StartSSL automatically set it, without asking me, during the issue process)?

Or because I set the main IP in Kloxo, which I installed the SSL to, to point to radiclub.eu?

Just checked the other subdomain: download.radiclub.eu and it doesn'twork, too.
They all point to the main site. What is causing this?

Comments

• I can visit the https://blog.radiclub.eu without warning. Have you cleared your cache?

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Yep, I just removed the IP-to-domain thing, it seems that this is causing the issue.

But the SSL for the blog.radiclub.eu subdomain, no longer works.

• upfreakupfreak Member

@FtpIt_Radi said: no longer works.

works for me.

Lame, in my firefox it doesn't work.

Tested it on chrome, it worked, yay!

• I noticed the SSL certificates sometimes get 'stuck' when they are changing/you are messing with a websites certificate.. I always had to use another browser or have a friend try it out. Usually happened to me in Firefox but never really tested it with the others.

I think to buy a namecheap one.

• thehraythehray Member

@FtpIt_Radi From where did u get free SSL cert. Let me know

• vedranvedran Veteran

StartSSL?

• EvoziEvozi Member
    edited May 2013

Seen the similar problem. Does anyone know how to fix? Here's the example of the google chrome warning:

You attempted to reach radiclub.eu., but instead you actually reached a server identifying itself as blog.radiclub.eu. This may be caused by a misconfiguration on the server or by something more serious. An attacker on your network could be trying to get you to visit a fake (and potentially harmful) version of radiclub.eu..

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

We are using StartSSL for Rage4 and everything works fine. Seems to be your configuration issue.

• upfreakupfreak Member
    edited May 2013

@gbshouse said: using StartSSL and everything works fine. Seems to be your configuration issue.

+1

StartSSL defined the main name for the crt, as blog.radiclub.eu
    That's why @Evozi is seeing the error.

By default StartSSL includes both names blog.radiclub.eu and radiclub.eu so it shouldn't be a problem

The common name of this certificate will be set to download.radiclub.eu. (trying to create a new one). No option to change it.

• Maybe you forget to include the sub-certificate?

curl https://www.startssl.com/certs/sub.class1.server.ca.pem | cat >> blog.radiclub.eu.crt

Or some thing like that.

• How about the hostname of the server? What is it?

Erawan, its server.radiclub.eu

edited May 2013

@FtpIt_Radi said: The common name of this certificate will be set to download.radiclub.eu

Yes, but it will also include main domain name

Our StartSSL cert use CN secure.rage4.com but it also works with just rage4.com

• FreekFreek Member

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I remember StartSSL requiring you manually had to renew the certificate every month. Is this still the case?

Nope, it doesn't require me to do so.

• happelhappel Member

@Freek said: every month

I think you mean their verification. Before you can generate a certificate you need to verify the domain is yours, this verification is valid for 30 days.

• MunMun Member

where did you get your ssl at?

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2013

Maybe you should stop trying to get stuff for free and pay for an SSL certificate that includes support :P

Oh wait, this is LowEndTalk.

• KrisKris Member

@shovenose said: Maybe you should stop trying to get stuff for free and pay for an SSL certificate that includes support :P

Because some people are bright enough to accomplish using their service without issue?

Things such as logging in with a key, verifying a domain, etc.

I also believe they were one of the only certificate signers not to be breached around the time of the DigiNotar hack because of their login schema & mechanism.

Just because something's paid doesn't mean it's better.

edited May 2013

Well, it does the job. No browser warnings, nothing.
    I got it from StartSSL.
    http://startssl.com

• upfreakupfreak Member

@Kris said: their login schema

+1 Not even expensive ssl providers trust/force users to have a personal ssl to authenticate.

edited May 2013

Should I upload my SSL to an online /privatezone/ on my server(protected with .htaccess and .htpasswd) or it is vulnerable to hacking?

• thehraythehray Member

@FtpIt_Radi there is no SSL on server.radiclub.eu.