Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SSl Certificates: Where, cheap or free - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SSl Certificates: Where, cheap or free

13»

Comments

• Again grossly flawd (non)logic.

I have to show or prove nothing, fucking nothing because you are not in any way important in my world and, more importantly, because blunt demands based on nothing but your holy belief system and emotions has no power whatsoever.

Convince you? Stop dreaming.neither are you in a position to demand anything nor am I in a position where I need to convince you. Believe whatever you please, I don't care a rats ass. But maybe you want to think about replacing belief with knowledge.

"glasshouse"
    And once more you make me laugh with your, pardon my open words, sheer idiocy.

cloudfail just had a mega desaster and you think that I sit in a glasshouse?

I'm not in a glasshouse just because willie feels like it. I don't run around pissing at innocent people. This discussion has a reason and that reason was cloudfails failure. I merely commented on that and on some related technical issues.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2017

@Ympker said:

@hzr said:

Ympker said: which is great if you only use shared hosting

doesn't plesk, cpanel, etc all support LE now

A host I am with blocks that in their cpanel to sell their ssl certificates :P

Change the host =).
    cPanel supports let's encrypt now with no extra 3rd party plugins.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @MagicalTrain said:
    I recently switched all my sites to caddy. It makes letsencrypt painless and honestly, the configuration is bloody amazing compared to nginx or apache.

Caddy is simply amazing! I use it even for my reverse proxy for Docker containers (get HTTPS/2.0)

Thanked by 1mholt
  • flagged necro post as spam.

• @MagicalTrain said:
    I recently switched all my sites to caddy. It makes letsencrypt painless and honestly, the configuration is bloody amazing compared to nginx or apache.

+1

Thanked by 1mholt
  • @Ympker said:
    Did not test this but heard it is very popular as it gives you free lets encrypt ssl without you having a need to acctually install lets encrypt server side which is great if you only use shared hosting: https://www.sslforfree.com

Tried it. But having to renew manually and redo the verification is pain in the ass. Especially if you have a lot domain with a lot of subdomain .

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @willie said:
    free 1-year Gandi certificate included with a domain from them

Renewals are a when it hits your wallet, same with the Namecheap deal. If you use Gandi's "simple hosting", they do promise free SSL renewals. But not really an option for me b/c it's all Europe after closing their Baltimore DC.

@MagicalTrain said:

A new server architecture just to make the SSL process painless might be a bit extreme ... will check out the https://github.com/lukas2511/dehydrated script for my vps first. I've tried cron to trigger Certbot but still sometimes end up w. expired LE certs.

Preference is that it's baked into the panel:

Netlify will install LE certs on the CDN for your site (add a site, add a domain, go to HTTPS tab, you should know the rest once you see it).

cpanel hosts now completely automate the letsencrypt process for free (vs. Cpanel’s own free SSL implementation).

• @jtk said:
    Let's Encrypt is currently a leading provider of free certificates. It isn't as user friendly as others, because it requires you to update the certificate frequently (within three months). Although there are some automated tools to help with this, this is still an area of ongoing development so pay attention to changes as this technology matures. Nonetheless, it is a good option if you're trying to eliminate cost and willing to learn a little bit to get things setup and keep running.

Another option for free is StartCom/WoSign, but I would not recommend them at all. In my experience they make arbitrary decisions that contradict their policies about what constitutes non-commercial when deciding when to issue free certificates. Plus, there is of course a recent history of incredibly shady operational transparency - just search the net for details.

Setting up a cron job is easy. Certificate managenent is automated via runcloud (see signature for ref link that gives 15 bonus days on purchase after trial).

• Why are you guys replying to an almost one year old NECRO thread brought back to life yesterday by an obvious spammer???

• contact me Promise 10000% price low and cheap

• Free AlphaSSL Wildcard:
    https://en.assl.space

• anronfinchanronfinch Member
    edited December 2017

Cheapsslshop.com is a spam website and should be avoided at ALL costs.

Thanked by 1willie
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

anronfinch said: like no chat support

WOW SUCH LIMITATION

• jezznarjezznar Member
    edited December 2017

The beauty of having control of your server is that you can automate a lot things. You can use let's encrypt and worry less.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@anronfinch said:
    Cheap SSL shop .com is a spam website and should be avoided at ALL costs.

I mean if you want SEO this badly, let's see if we can help.

Thanked by 1willie
  • Lol what's wrong with CheapSSLShop. Just a Comodo reseller afaik. Not sure how anyone could have a problem with their ssls other than maybe a payment issue? shrug

tl;dr i use them or letsencrypt >.>

@BadSyntaxHosting said:
    Lol what's wrong with CheapSSLShop. Just a Comodo reseller afaik. Not sure how anyone could have a problem with their ssls other than maybe a payment issue? shrug

Confirmed shill. First post defending repeat spammer.

• @jarland said:

@BadSyntaxHosting said:
    Lol what's wrong with CheapSSLShop. Just a Comodo reseller afaik. Not sure how anyone could have a problem with their ssls other than maybe a payment issue? shrug

Confirmed shill. First post defending repeat spammer.

Confirmed Shill, sorry you feel that way bud.

edited December 2017

BadSyntaxHosting said: sorry you feel that way

It's not a feeling, it's an observable fact. Your first post was to come to the defense of someone who has been spamming this forum for well over a year, only minutes after I decided to let them have a Google search result lead here but only when it's worded the way that I want it to (therefore I edited their spam post).

If by some rare chance you're not, terrible first impression.

• Take that chance, cause I'm not. But I'll totally humor the fact that it was a terrible first impression, no doubt.

• Let's Encrypt is good.

• @rm_ said:

anronfinch said: like no chat support

WOW SUCH LIMITATION

SOMETIMES I LIKE TO GET DRUNK AND CHAT UP MY CA OK!?

• I can finally PROOVE that supacheapossl is lousy, lousy, lousy. See the chatlog:

supacheapossl: Hello, how can we help you?
    ivan_the_terrible: Hello, I don't know. Tell me som'in. I'm bored.
    supacheapossl: Pardon?
    ivan_the_terrible: Stupid mofos! I want you to offer me a nice support question which I'll then ask you. But no cheap crap, I want a nice question!
    supacheapossl: Hmm, I see. Well, here you go: "how to configure openssh?"
    ivan_the_terrible: Nuh, that's a shitty question. Gimme a better one
    supacheapossl: Nope, actually it's a question many love to ask.
    ivan_the_terrible: Me not care, me 3l1t3. Gimme a tough nut!
    supacheapossl: Hmmm, OK. "How to configure openssl to use secure algorithms?"
    ivan_the_terrible: nuh, way too easy "apt-get remove openssl"
    supacheapossl: Sorry but we are not used to come up with questions. We are the guys who answer questions.
    ivan_the_terrible: Dictatorship! You want to impose on me what's comfortable for you! You bastards!
    supacheapossl: ... uhm, sir,...
    ivan_the_terrible: You fucking cunts! You call that support??? Listen, I'm bored, that does, however, not mean that I will be easily pushed around by you! Fuck you! I'll let the world know how miserable and lousy your support is! Fucking cunts! Support nazis!

Thanked by 4jar doghouch WSS Aluminat
  • @bsdguy Jeez, you rekt the guy.

• @BSDGuy literally stole a sense of humor to make his last post!

• Liar! That wasn't my last post. See, I just made a new one!

• ..and it's gone.

• And I did not steal it. I properly payed.

• @bsdguy said:
    And I did not steal it. I properly payed.

Next time you should consider getting a subscription.