Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

About the mail IP blacklist. change ip.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

About the mail IP blacklist. change ip.

I want to change the IP. but he said:"All of our VPS IPs are on some blacklist or another because the minor ones do not matter. We do not bother removing the IP from the minor blacklists as the smaller companies make it too much work.We only take special action with IPs when they are found to be on Spamhaus or Barracuda." Now what should I do?

Comments

• WSSWSS Member

That depends.. are you trying to mail or something?

Also, we don't tend to have vendors who resell Sirius XM sattelite WebTV hosting service on LET.

• I don't need to send mail.I bought a VPS, but assigned the IP in a small list of mail blacklists. So I want to replace IP.(┬_┬)

• @zxsdw said:
    I don't need to send mail.I bought a VPS, but assigned the IP in a small list of mail blacklists. So I want to replace IP.(┬_┬)

Then why does it matter if the IP is on a mail blacklist? O_O

Thanked by 1GamerTech24
  • @Dextronox said:

@zxsdw said:
    I don't need to send mail.I bought a VPS, but assigned the IP in a small list of mail blacklists. So I want to replace IP.(┬_┬)

Yes, this is very strange.......

• WSSWSS Member

Fart Mailer.

Thanked by 1Freelancenerds
  • @WSS said:
    Fart Mailer.

(┬_┬)

• desperanddesperand Member
    edited January 2017

@Dextronox said:

@zxsdw said:

blacklisted IP always bad for any hosting (web / game / ts3 / etc), because:

• affect ranking / SEO (google)
    • affect access to resource for many operators / providers which uses such blacklisted ip's at their town ISP's, and many users can't connect to blacklisted IP's.
    • your resource forever will be associated with spammers / abusers / damn bad guys because of different websites which saves domain / ip reputation, and do not mind to have seperate stats for ip and domain.

I had 1 domain which has been hosted on shared hosting with some spammer on the same ip, as result my domain were on 3-4 page at google. When i have switched host to new one, clean -> after 2-3 weeks my website was on first page at google search output.

Thanked by 1zxsdw
  • Sounds like the OP chose a really cheap host that is unmanaged and probably has a lot of abuse on their IPs. Based on the fact they told you they don't even concern them selves with removing blacklisting on anything but major lists should tell you they likely don't take very good care of their servers or do the absolute minimal they can to keep things going.

Remember, you get what you pay for!

If you have issues with their IPs which they are obviously not going to fix you should look for a new host and maybe consider upping your budget to allow you to purchase services from a more reputable host that takes abuse more seriously.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Thanked by 1zxsdw
  • @TheLinuxBug said:
    Sounds like the OP chose a really cheap host that is unmanaged and probably has a lot of abuse on their IPs. Based on the fact they told you they don't even concern them selves with removing blacklisting on anything but major lists should tell you they likely don't take very good care of their servers or do the absolute minimal they can to keep things going.

Remember, you get what you pay for!

If you have issues with their IPs which they are obviously not going to fix you should look for a new host and maybe consider upping your budget to allow you to purchase services from a more reputable host that takes abuse more seriously.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

It should not be a small suppliers. They have their own the AS number. Price, in my opinion, is the right price.