Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Solusvm Master Migration discussion
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Solusvm Master Migration discussion

I am wondering anyone of you peform solusvm master migration before? Is it after restore the backup, the vps listing will be gone and we have to import the vps at slave one by one?

Comments

• NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

There would be no problem. SolusVm has a document, you can follow that. VPS listing and all settings should stay the same.

• I followed, i have all the data beside the vps listing. And solusvm asked me to import one by one.

• ExpertVMExpertVM Member, Host Rep

Should not be gone at all. Do you still see those vps under your list? I think you need to re-follow the document again

• They are totally empty on vps listing, others informaiton like client, node are still there.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

admsam said: I followed, i have all the data beside the vps listing. And solusvm asked me to import one by one.

Some quality support there @SolusVM @OnApp_Terry

@admsam Ask for your support ticket to be escalated to someone who ties their own shoe laces in the morning, or Harsha.

• WSSWSS Member

@AnthonySmith Were you touched by a shitty SaaS provider as a child?

• @AnthonySmith said:

admsam said: I followed, i have all the data beside the vps listing. And solusvm asked me to import one by one.

Some quality support there @SolusVM @OnApp_Terry

@admsam Ask for your support ticket to be escalated to someone who ties their own shoe laces in the morning, or Harsha.

Their support ask me to import one by one manually. I check the sql files, the vps database is in the file. I am rebuild everything again, see still the same or not.

WSS said: Were you touched by a shitty SaaS provider as a child?

• WSSWSS Member

Damn... that forehead sure is Only on Amiga. :D

• @AnthonySmith said:

WSS said: Were you touched by a shitty SaaS provider as a child?

Looking for offers you promised after SolusVM bug fixed. Still wating :)

edited January 2017

admsam said: Their support ask me to import one by one manually.

Sorry if you missed my point (some how), that is ridiculous ask them to try harder/at all.

If their documented process does not work and you followed it ask them to import your servers one by one.

What was the name of the person that told you this, they have like 1 member of support staff that is actually able to really help (Harsha) because he actually works for solusvm/onapp, everyone else is outsourced from India, they have no access to anything and are frankly, a pile of shit and technically incompetent.

I am afraid if you take their advice, that puts you in that bracket too, stop settling for bullshit support, push harder.

sonic said: Still wating :)

Me too buddy.

• FlapadarFlapadar Member
    edited January 2017

Backup, restore then update the hosts allow file. You'll also need to copy the encryption key.

https://documentation.solusvm.com/plugins/servlet/mobile?contentId=558008#content/view/558008

You absolutely do not have to manually move any vps (unless you're hosting vps on your master?)

RE: knowledgeable support, I've found Kannan is good at finding the right things to check, though for fixes it's got to be Harsha these days.

• First take backup of database from your solusvm control panel, then copy solusvm.conf from master to the new master and then restore the DB again and allow the master in slaves, we did it once it hardly took few minutes, also make sure to copy all the ISO and templates

• I rebuild everything and its work. weird. But now really fed up with their support.

admsam said: But now really fed up with their support.

Just now?

It was not great before OnApp bought them, but then it was just 1 man who was doing the main support and dev work and accounting blah blah everything.

Now OnApp have bought it, they cant even match the level of support pre sale, useless.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

I migrated my SolusVM Master to a new VPS last week to fix some issues and was sad to hear that their LetsEncrypt script only works sometimes. To quote their support rep:

Unfortunately, let's encrypt doesn't support some random domains, we have some bugs with let's encrypt service at this moment, So you better to contact SSL provider to get SSL for your domain at this moment

How disappointing to hear that LetsEncrypt doesn't support "random domains" when it supports another subdomain from the same TLD just fine.

• ExpertVMExpertVM Member, Host Rep

@admsam you import the vm one by one?

edited January 2017

KuJoe said: How disappointing to hear that LetsEncrypt doesn't support "random domains" when it supports another subdomain from the same TLD just fine.

omfg, how do they get away with that crap?

Seriously, @SolusVM why do you allow this? or rather, seriously @ditlev why do you/ OnApp allow this?

• NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@KuJoe said:
    I migrated my SolusVM Master to a new VPS last week to fix some issues and was sad to hear that their LetsEncrypt script only works sometimes. To quote their support rep:

Unfortunately, let's encrypt doesn't support some random domains, we have some bugs with let's encrypt service at this moment, So you better to contact SSL provider to get SSL for your domain at this moment

How disappointing to hear that LetsEncrypt doesn't support "random domains" when it supports another subdomain from the same TLD just fine.

We had the same issue. Moved the Master node to a new server then LEtsEnscrypt stopped working. The support guy told us to buy an SSL certificate from other provider. Not sure why they did not just fix it.

NDTN said: Not sure why they did not just fix it.

Because they do not know how, they did not write the code for V1.

• an off-topic question to OP, why couldn't you just install a valid https certificate? self-signed cert is really annoy that always 2 more click to trust it.
    you know, you can use a free letsencrypt cert. or some $3/y single domain cert.

• @ExpertVM said:
    @admsam you import the vm one by one?

I rebuild everything include reinstall the host system. weird, it works at second time.

• Good ole randomness in software stuff. Gotta love it.

• that's probably caused by encryption code, it's required to use the old one

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

@century1stop wow your super smart. Do you have a brother?

• century1stopcentury1stop Member
    edited January 2017

@PieNotEvenEaten you gotta to be pulling my leg, I'm quite brainless
    Edit: Totally slipped my mind, could be new master IP wasn't added to slave

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

century1stop said: @PieNotEvenEaten you gotta to be pulling my leg, I'm quite brainless

You didn't get it ... go back to the top and you will see someone already suggested that :)

• you are quite rite, hehehe

@rsk said:

century1stop said: @PieNotEvenEaten you gotta to be pulling my leg, I'm quite brainless

You didn't get it ... go back to the top and you will see someone already suggested that :)