Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Request] - Intel Xeon E3-1245V2, 32GB RAM, 2*3 TB HDD 20TB@1gbps for less then €50
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Request] - Intel Xeon E3-1245V2, 32GB RAM, 2*3 TB HDD 20TB@1gbps for less then €50

I have this server @Hetzner: Intel Xeon E3-1245V2, 32GB RAM, 2*3 TB HDD 20TB@1gbps and a total of 13 usable IP's and I pay around €50/mo
Can anybody give me the same hardware for less per month?
I'm using it for different VMs (webservers, FTP server, owncloud server, backup server etc)

I uses my own Windows Server 2012 R2 or Windows Server 2016 licenses (From BizSpark, so they can be used in production)

Comments

• soyoustart does 1245v2/32gb/2x2TB at 40 euro excl tax, with one-time fees for the ips (up to 16) with 250mbit unmetered bw.

Thanked by 1myhken
  • Looking for similar server specs and price-wise.

• Some servers from hetzners server robot may fit your budget.

43€ incl. VAT for your requirements

• @Naxid said:
    Some servers from hetzners server robot may fit your budget.

If you had seen my first post, you had seen that I'm currently with Hetzner. And yes, I pay around €38 for the server, the rest is for the extra IPs.

• @myhken said:

@Naxid said:

If you had seen my first post, you had seen that I'm currently with Hetzner. And yes, I pay around €38 for the server, the rest is for the extra IPs.

Omg that's embarassing... than i also vote for SYS.

Thanked by 1myhken
  • Nobody that can beat Hetzner and/or SYS?

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Noone in their right mind would. Also if you're happy with them, you really should just stick with them. It's a great config for the mentioned 38 euros .

Thanked by 1Janevski
  • WSSWSS Member

@myhken said:

@Naxid said:

If you don't mind migrating everything, you can always get a new server with Hetzner for about €32- it's the cheapest I've found, and their system is so automated, compared, to, oh, OVH..

Thanked by 1myhken
  • @AlexBarakov thanks. Yea I'm happy with them. Had my server since April 2015, and no issues at all. Always up. But I see all kind of crazy deals here on LET, so wanted to see if there was just the one good deal out there that would get me to move from Hetzner. ;)

Thanked by 1AlexBarakov

I wasn't clear enough I guess - the amount you would save would not be worth it and will eventually end up more expensive one way or another. At least in my eyes, if you're happy with their services. While there are insane deals on here, noone reputable would be able to beat this exact configuration in terms of pricing. If you can live with other configurations, then it might be possible, but it would probably be a downgrade.

For example, I can offer you a dual quad in your budget in Bulgaria, however can't fit in the 2x3Tb disk requirement.

Thanked by 1myhken
  • @AlexBarakov I see. For just this server, the 2 x 3 TB is the most important stuff. Using lots of the disk space already.

• WSSWSS Member

SB59 comes with 30TB, 3 x 4TB for 49.58. :D

• @WSS said:

Yea, had one server with 4 x 4 TB for a bit also, but found out that I did not need SO much space. 6 TB is OK for the moment.

Thanked by 1WSS
  • WSSWSS Member

@myhken said:

@WSS said:

Yea, had one server with 4 x 4 TB for a bit also, but found out that I did not need SO much space. 6 TB is OK for the moment.

I keep starting cheap and sneaking myself up. On an i7/3770 right now w/ 32GB, 2*3TB. I don't like having a Realtek NIC, so I'm always watching for a cheap iNIC.

Thanked by 1myhken
  • 2x2TB is a definite disadvantage vs Hetzner's 3x3TB. Yeah I wouldn't switch from one server to another comparable one just to save a few bucks. I filled my disks and have some overspill on storage VPS's, but the next step might be to un-raid1 the 2x3tb and have automatic backups to another server. Or else get a second similar dedi and have 2x cpu, ram etc. as well as hdd.

@AlexBarakov, what's your best offering in Passmark per euro not worrying about disk space, but favoring big cpus over marginal differences in the ratio? Passmark ratings are here: http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_list.php

Best I know of is again either Hetzner or the WSI 2x-E5-2670s which I'd hope is around 20-25k passmark (the 18374 rating on that list seems suspicious).

Thanked by 1myhken
  • myhken said: Nobody that can beat Hetzner and/or SYS?

No, they are in CPU cycle and RAM per dollar the best value in Europe - Hetzner also very far abroad, if not global.

We have a lot of i7 servers especially, which are dirt cheap.

Thanked by 1myhken
  • @WSS said:

I keep starting cheap and sneaking myself up. On an i7/3770 right now w/ 32GB, 2*3TB. I don't like having a Realtek NIC, so I'm always watching for a cheap iNIC.

Yea, I have the Intel 82574L NIC on my Hetzner server.

@willie - I have dual E5-2670's, unfortunately far away from WSI's pricing :(

• Never mind, I just got one of the winter sale online.net E3-1230v3's with 32gb ram, 2x1tb for 19.95 euro, it's crazy. You have to keep trying to place the order. It helps to already have an online.net account since setting one up with the current server load is a huge hassle.

• williewillie Member
    edited January 2017

Woah, the number of MD 1701-2's went from 42 to 0 in front of my eyes. Just in a blink. Maybe oneprovider got them all?

Added: 1tb atoms dropped from 20 to 2 over a couple minutes. Probably sold out soon. Maybe they'll restock again. I decided against buying one.

Update: yep, sold out. Lots of ssd. Lots of 1701.1 which is really the best deal there imho.