Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NAT VPS and OpenVPN-as. Do they work together?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NAT VPS and OpenVPN-as. Do they work together?

SpliddoSpliddo Member
edited January 2017 in Help

Hello, for the past days I've been trying to configure openvpn access server (The web interface version) to work with an OpenVZ NAT VPS I rented.

Ram should be sufficient, afaik. 128MB on the VPS. I've enabled TUN/Tab and PPP. I've been having strange issues with the VPN working on the assigned ports, e.g 5405 (443 by default) for the web interface and 5406 ( 1149) for the daemon.
Once I put the web interface on whichever port, the port becomes closed for some odd reason. The other port is open and listening. Accessing the interface returns a connection refused. Has anyone previously installed ovpn-as?

Thanks for reading this

Comments

• I've used OpenVPN AS, you can't have the web server TCP and openVPN TCP on the same port, for example I had to set OpenVPN TCP on 443 and left UDP on it's default port and had to make the webserver run on port 80 making me have to use https://vpn.mydomain.com:80/ every time I wanted to access it but it worked, basically you need a total of 3 outgoing ports or disable openvpn UDP, etc so you only have 2 to deal with

• SpliddoSpliddo Member
    edited January 2017

@ethancedrik said:
    I've used OpenVPN AS, you can't have the web server TCP and openVPN TCP on the same port, for example I had to set OpenVPN TCP on 443 and left UDP on it's default port and had to make the webserver run on port 80 making me have to use https://vpn.mydomain.com:80/ every time I wanted to access it but it worked, basically you need a total of 3 outgoing ports or disable openvpn UDP, etc so you only have 2 to deal with
    @ethancedrik said:
    I've used OpenVPN AS, you can't have the web server TCP and openVPN TCP on the same port, for example I had to set OpenVPN TCP on 443 and left UDP on it's default port and had to make the webserver run on port 80 making me have to use https://vpn.mydomain.com:80/ every time I wanted to access it but it worked, basically you need a total of 3 outgoing ports or disable openvpn UDP, etc so you only have 2 to deal with

I solved that issue by adjusting the ports in the config file, which allowed me to enter the web interface but the ram is insufficient to keep the site and service going

• WSSWSS Member

@Spliddo said:
    I solved that issue by adjusting the ports in the config file, which allowed me to enter the web interface but the ram is insufficient to keep the site and service going

What've you done to lower your RAM consumption?

• @WSS said:

@Spliddo said:

What've you done to lower your RAM consumption?

nothing really.