Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS with Lowest RTT/latency from anywhere in the world - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS with Lowest RTT/latency from anywhere in the world

2»

Comments

• Oh please. With my TimeMachineVPS I get a ping time of -1y to most locations in the world. Except North Korea. There I get a -1s ping.

• WilliamWilliam Member

@rm_ said: AFAIK there is no direct US->IS cable in operation, or at least those are not used by providers in that region for transit of general customers' traffic.

Thor and Fink now have capacity over Greenland connect to Greenland and from there over Tele.gl to Canada - It's a very expensive route (Transport is at around 4EUR / Mbit this way to CA) but should be able to cut down latency from the US.

• quddusquddus Member

Thank you everyone.

I am now looking at
    http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/10339/pacificrack-quadranet-datacenter-2gb-ram-vps#Item_6

BGP Premium Blend Of Bandwidth
    Any idea what does this mean ?

• @quddus said: Any idea what does this mean ?

It means they probably just buy bandwidth from the datacenter.

The other option is that providers deal with networks directly like RamNode does: http://bit.ly/rn_asn

• First, you'll be setting up a CDN and will need to get VPSes in multiple places to make your goal effective.

As for "BGP Premium Blend Of Bandwidth": Your provider is buying DC bandwidth as @BlackoutIsHere said. There are providers that get their own bandwidth instead of relying on DC bandwidth -- RamNode and Prometheus, for example. Some providers (like BuyVM) have their own IPs and ASN like the two earlier mentioned providers, but use a DC blend (VegasNAP/ColoCrossing).

I saw that you picked Los Angeles (seeing from the QuadraNet DC) -- that's great mostly for West Coast/Asian users for your service, but not so for European users. You might want to get a VPS in Germany or the east coast (New York, most likely).

Just my 2c

• @PenguinManifesto said: There are providers that get their own bandwidth instead of relying on DC bandwidth -- RamNode and Prometheus, for example

Yes, and IMHO direct BW is better.

@quddus If you are hosting a website RamNode and CloudFlare make a great team.

• quddusquddus Member

Thanks PenguinManifesto for your comments.

From LA i get around 150ms to Australia and there is not much difference to Eu as compared to NY. But still looking at the option i have got from the replies.

Regarding the "BGP Premium Blend Of Bandwidth"
    Now I clearly can see the difference.

I already have one in NY (UGVPS) and from there I am getting 250 till Central Asia (India/Mumbai) and 243 ms till Australia.
    I also have one in Frankfurt (crowncloud) which gives me almost the same but for Australia I am getting like more than 300ms which doesn't not make sense to me.

• edited May 2013

I would recommend to just locate your VPS where the majority of your users are from.

If this is a website, you should just get one VPS (likely near where most of your users are from) and then use CloudFlare on top. Google Analytics can be a big help to find out.

For example, one of my sites has mostly Brazilian and US users (mostly on the east coast and California), so we picked RamNode in Atlanta. It's also geographically close to where most of the staff is located as well (mostly in the northeast US).

If you're talking about something else, replication will be your eternal friend and foe. Good luck!