Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WebRulon.Com / AlienVPS.Com - The Ultimate Scam! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WebRulon.Com / AlienVPS.Com - The Ultimate Scam!

2»

Comments

• @Naruto said: @Joel - His TOS says no refunds, duh.

His TOS can say "no refunds" all he likes. It doesn't hold water to say "no refunds" if you don't supply a working product or service. I'm not sure what part of that you are intellectually incapable of understanding on any monetary, consumer, or business level. But you can not legally take money without supplying that of which you advertised or refunding, it's called fraud.

@Naruto said: How come you get so mad so easy at everything?

Mad? I'm not mad at all, i'm just responding to the various posts you choose to follow me around on like smelly fart that wont go away. I enjoy the smell of my own farts.

@Naruto said: I paid $46 and eventually was offered a refund. He is a "good" guy if he refunds money when he doesn't have to.

And there it is again, your inability to comprehend the most basic thing that has driven human society for years. The simple principle of if you take money, you must supply in return for that money. He is obliged to refund, this whole notion of "he doesn't have to" is a crock of crap. Not to many centuries ago if you tried to pull this stunt you would of been greeted with a shotgun by your loving customers.

@Naruto said: You need to see where everyone else comes from when they voice their opinions.

Oh I see where you're coming from, you got your money back on a sub-par service. Welldone, that doesn't change a single fact posted that he continued to sell a sub-par service knowing it was an unfit product for sale. Your point was what again exactly?

@Naruto said: Not everyone will quote every statement you make

No they just let you froth crap at the mouth unaccounted for where everyone just takes what you say because it's text on a screen as fact and sings kumbaya.

@Naruto said: You're an angry person, but I'm not sure why.

Angry, hahahahhaha. You're very funny, naive, yet funny.

@Naruto said: Life isn't so bad, Joel. I'd hate to be the guy at McDonald's that ever screws up your burgers. Maybe that's where you get it. Maybe others did this to you. Have you ever worked at McDonald's?

I keep reading people trying to use McDonalds as an "insult." Why is that exactly? They employ over 1.5 million people, Jeff Bezos the founder of Amazon worked there. So did Jay Leno and George Bush's old Chief of Staff Andy Card. Your point about McDonald's was what exactly? Or were you just trying to mimic another poster equally as clever by attempting to degrade 1.5 million global workers?

And no, I never worked at McDonalds, however if I was out of a job and indeed need of work McDonalds certainly wouldn't be anywhere near last spot on the list to work if it was between starving and feeding the family.

Regards,

Joel

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Joel said: And no, I never worked at McDonalds, however if I was out of a job and indeed need of work McDonalds certainly wouldn't be anywhere near last spot on the list to work if it was between starving and feeding the family.

Honestly McD's is a no brainer if you need a job - now. At my first coding job they told me they preferred people that worked at McDonalds and were there for a while. Reason being is it meant they had to deal with customers and weren't that bad at it.

Francisco

• @Joel come on man you don't have to do all that. Besides, you posted it yourself, this community is dyin'. I feel bad when I read more than half of what you say. Hell yes I don't like McDonald's. Their food is gross and I think working there would be beneath me. If I complained about budget VPS "scammers" providing me downtime with my $20 a YEAR service I might also be someone doing poor on the financial level. If that were the case, then I would take a job there. Jay Leno isn't funny. He rips jokes from Red Eye all the time.

Sources:

Where these people started off at means nothin'. It's where they ended up and chose not to remain is what matters. I bet those people don't have personalities like yours.

• @Naruto said: and I think working there would be beneath me.

So you think the 1.5 million people that work at McDonalds are all "beneath" you.
    You really are a douche bag.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • @Joel

I co-sign on that; we can only expect those type of words to come out of someone of low quality.

• @AsuraHosting you can expect my cancellations next month.

• @Naruto Well it is LOWENDtalk, you must feel right at home here. :)

• NY12:

13:41:11 up 16 days, 2:28, 1 user, load average: 0.15, 0.06, 0.01

What a scam huh?

• Their support may be slow as a slug but they are definitely not a scam.

• @Aldryic said: While we're on this topic...

Interesting. Can you tell me your own personal side of the story involving that James guy? Looks like a potentially fun read.

• Long story short, he stole from us, and stole from more than one client. There's a good deal more shady that happened along the lines, but that's just too much drama to go into.

• @Aldryic said: While we're on this topic...

Damn, let's see if Rusell answers on that thread.

And meanwhile

$ uptime
     14:00:29 up 105 days,  3:39,  1 user,  load average: 0.01, 0.05, 0.07

The other one has 16 days too, we are in the same node @charliecron

• @Aldryic said: Long story short, he stole from us, and stole from more than one client. There's a good deal more shady that happened along the lines, but that's just too much drama to go into.

That's like saying I have a little box with something cool in it but I won't show you I'll just let you know it's really amazing and remind you that you can't see.

• Nah, more professional courtesy. Think of it as "There were plenty of other offenses, but for the sake of professionalism and not derailing this thread we'll just say it was the theft that was the final straw".

• I just purchased the $19/year VPS offer yesterday and so far so good! The VPS is very fast, and no reboots have been made yet! I am on node: ny5. Let's see how well this goes! I went with AlienVPS for the $19/year VPS because I have been wanting a budget yearly VPS now for months, but with more than 15GB Space under $20/year and this one fits my price range just fine! I was also sick of BuyVM always being out of stock! Haha.

[root@trix ~]# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=16k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    268435456 bytes (268 MB) copied, 6.08166 seconds, 44.1 MB/s

• I believe ny5 is one of their older nodes that don't have the faster processors. It's also full primarily of CentOS 5 VPSes.

Source: What they told me in tickets when I was wanting migrated away from ny12 aka "the troublemaker".

• They're doing better now, just had a couple issues from New Years. Aside from some slow times around in the evening, io and network slows a bit, happens nearly every day though, but I guess you can't ask for much at the price. fdatasync goes as low as 3mb /s and network to 1MB (from usual ~60 and ~30mb), this is on NY12

• @Naruto, oh really? Since ny5 has an old processor, I am guessing that they put most of the $19/year VPS's on there as we only have access to 1 processor core.

• tsctsc Member

Sorry to hear about it. I personally haven't really had any issues with AlienVPS (bought one last summer on ny2, just got another one on ny5). However, I never really needed more than a working VPS so I got what I wanted. If you're looking to host mission-critical data or need 100% uptime, they may not be the host for you.

• @ Naruto

What cancellations? You don't do business with us.

• @AsuraHosting said: What cancellations? You don't do business with us.

Nice assumption but I'll let you know who I am after I've cancelled. Not going to risk you screwing me over until then.

Thanked by 1DeletedUser
  • SpiritSpirit Member
    edited January 2012

The Ultimate Scam? What a pompous title... gosh!

CPU model : AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 6128
    Number of cores : 1
    CPU frequency : 1999.888 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 192 MB
    Total amount of swap : 220 MB
    Download speed : (2.79MB/s)
    I/O speed : 109MB/s

AlienVPS support responsiveness is most of the time under my LEB average, they are doing mistakes and when things go wrong it's hard to get in touch with them for some time.. however if that's a scam it must be someones head...

@Naruto you're only few days in this hosting community and you're already doing attention seeking drama everywhere you could. Anyone told you already that you're slightly annoying on moments? :)

Thanked by 3yomero DeletedUser dnom
  • @Naruto
    You really don't do business with us, I would know; but as I've said before... this is expected of a low quality member.

• ZeroZero Member
    edited January 2012

@Spirit said: CPU model : AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 6128

Number of cores : 1
    CPU frequency : 1999.888 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 192 MB
    Total amount of swap : 220 MB
    Download speed : (2.79MB/s)
    I/O speed : 109MB/s

Yes, VPS performance is pretty good for me too, the only thing I really hate is their support! Is very very very very very very very slow! Never seen a slower support team.

Or maybe they don't want to do business with me :( who knows.

• yomeroyomero Member
    edited January 2012

Netrouting is slower sometimes.
    123 is too... sometimes xD
    BUT EnsBrandon was the king of the slowness.. so slow that he just forgot the tickets... ha

• @yomero said: BUT EnsBrandon was the king of the slowness.. so slow that he just forgot the tickets... ha

Now he has a competitor, AlienVPS.