Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

a small VPS for running VPN
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

a small VPS for running VPN

acx12345acx12345 Member
edited January 2017 in Requests

VPS specs:

RAM: 64 MB or 128 MB

Single Core Processor(However not much load)

Diskspace: 2 GB would do (Only need to install openVPN)

Connectivity: 100mbit/s or 1Gbit/s port

Bandwidth: minimum 100 GB, preferable 200 GB.

IPv6 Not required.

Desirable dedicated IPv4. However NAT IPv4 would also work, but port 443 is required, other ports not mandatory.

Pricing: Less than 5$/Year.

Comments

• If you are willing to stretch your budget we are offering the perfect VPS in London, check out my signature.

• @piohost I forgot to mention that I wanted a host in Singapore or Asia

• acx12345 said: I wanted a host in Singapore or Asia

$5 per year?

• WSSWSS Member

You won't find too many NAT hosts that will give you 443 outright.

Thanked by 1i83
  • WSS said: You won't find too many NAT hosts that will give you 443 outright.

IPv6 Not required.

Did you read this?

• WSSWSS Member

@jenkki said:

WSS said: You won't find too many NAT hosts that will give you 443 outright.

IPv6 Not required.

Desirable dedicated IPv4. However NAT IPv4 would also work, but port 443 is required, other ports not mandatory.

Evidently more than you did.

• WSS said: Evidently more than you did.

Ipv4 more easy to setup and maintain

• WSSWSS Member

@jenkki said:

WSS said: Evidently more than you did.

Ipv4 more easy to setup and maintain

Tastes great; less filling.

• WSS said: Tastes great; less filling.

Not me, sorry :)

• WSSWSS Member

@jenkki said:
    Not me, sorry :)

@jenkki, @Nekki - same difference.

• WSS said: @Nekki - same difference.

Guess @Nekki can tell you which difference ;)

• Cyph3rCyph3r Member
    edited January 2017

You can find them for £4.50 annually on i-83.

http://i-83.net @i83

Thanked by 1i83
  • @Cyph3r all plans sold out only 1GB plan available. So no use.

• @i83 is it possible to work something out as per specs i mentioned in India or Singapore. Please let me know. :)

• WSSWSS Member

@acx12345 said:
    @Cyph3r all plans sold out only 1GB plan available. So no use.

The 512 is available in Singapore, even though it doesn't have two CPU cores available; I was going to suggest you buy a package and "roll your own" but only the Resource Bundle #3 is available to do so.

Thanked by 1i83
  • @acx12345 Where are you seeing all plans sold out? There are tons of NAT's available on there. Even the Canada one is available for as low as £4.50GBP

Thanked by 1i83
  • WSSWSS Member

@Cyph3r said:
    @acx12345 Where are you seeing all plans sold out? There are tons of NAT's available on there. Even the Canada one is available for as low as £4.50GBP

He only wants Singapore or India.

• Cyph3rCyph3r Member
    edited January 2017

Oh oops I missed the location part. Funny thing is I have a 512MB NAT VPS in Singapore with i-83.net right now that just idles haha

Thanked by 1i83
  • @Cyph3r what are the port ranges they have provided you

• It's gonna be difficult for you to get anything with a dedicated IP in Singapore at just $5/year.

Have a few nodes in DigitalOcean Singapore with LEMP stacks running though, wouldn't mind giving out access to OpenVPN as long as it isn't abused - will be kept online as long as possible, currently topped up enough funds for these nodes for the next few years.

That's if you don't mind me running sslh. Performance should be decent, still.

Hit me up if interested.

Thanked by 1i83
  • @acx12345 said:
    @Cyph3r what are the port ranges they have provided you

10700 - 10720

• WSSWSS Member

note to self: winnuke .107

• i83i83 Member

@WSS said:
    You won't find too many NAT hosts that will give you 443 outright.

@theroyalstudent said:
    It's gonna be difficult for you to get anything with a dedicated IP in Singapore at just $5/year.

Agreed.

@WSS said:
    note to self: winnuke .107

Play nice lads!

@acx12345 said:
    @i83 is it possible to work something out as per specs i mentioned in India or Singapore. Please let me know. :)

I can see stock has been added for a couple of services this morning, we wouldn't be able to custom assign 443 though.

• @i83 I just need 2 ports, one for SSH and one for VPN. Now being in an institution firewall, no other ports are working. Hence, it would be grateful if could assign either port 80 or 443. However, port 443 would be desirable as mentioned.

Please let me know finally if you could work out something or not.

Thank you :)

• i83i83 Member

acx12345 said: Please let me know finally if you could work out something or not.

Unfortunately not, Port 443 isn't available on our Shared IPv4's.

Best of luck in your search.

• No one NAT VPS provider would give you special IPv4 ports like 443 or else cause it's shared to hundreds of other VMs. The only way to get your special IPv4 ports you need is only pay for the dedicated IPv4.

• Any other providers in Asia?

• If you need something in US or EU then you may check our website

• @changeip I already have a VPN in US and another one in Netherlands. Thank you :)