Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

anyone can review service of alpharacks?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

anyone can review service of alpharacks?

title says it all, looking for some reviews on the provider, i am interested on their reseller package. if anyone is using it then please let me know how is it

Comments

• I've used them, was going to use a server I picked up from some LEB special as a vpn box, however the IP was ruined (redirecting me to the Asian equivalent of most sites). I requested a refund and they gave it, although there are reports of that not always happening. Their refund period, if I remember correctly, is 3 days.

• Their sales pricing is super cheap but expect it to be oversold, performance isn't the best but network and disk seems okay. They only do QuadraNet LAX iirc.

• ChromodoChromodo Member
    edited January 2017

AlphaRacks is terrible. Keep suspending my servers without any reason and refuse to unsuspend or answer your tickets since weeks. AlphaRacks really sucks.

• very bad, they will steal your dedicated allocated IPs from Master Reseller Plans.

• If I was you, I'd jump on it. Alpharacks been just fine for me. They are the most affordable for what they give and support was swift.

As a customer of Alpharacks, I just got emailed from them with an offer for vps reseller and the option had 10,000 T of bandwidth for a whole chunk of HD space.

That's my nickles worth, the rest is up to you. Simply, what it comes down to is, just do it and report back to us how happy you are with their fast set up and ease of use.

• thagoatthagoat Member
    edited January 2017

I posted here about AlphaRacks. Still happy, although I mostly just idle the VPS. I get lots of emails about their hosting reseller plans. Not my cup of tea.

• thank you all, decided not to go with them after seeing mostly negative reviews on various sites :(

• @fahim5001 said:
    thank you all, decided not to go with them after seeing mostly negative reviews on various sites :(

I feel that most of the time, when people post reviews, it is because they have had a negative experience and feel inclined to do so.

What I'm saying is, if you have a positive experience, you (or at least I) don't feel motivated to post a review. Whereas if you have had a negative one, you feel inclined to vent your anger and such.

Thanked by 2saf31 thagoat
  • This is true in most industries. People tell no one about good experiences and 10 people about bad ones.
    And in this neighborhood if you post a positive review they call you a shill.

• I've done fine with them. Got an old VPS and just picked up a great Black Friday deal this season. Haven't had any problems.

• keep away from OVZ. I bought a ovz at blackfriday, add additonal fee for 1Gbps upgrade & more 1v core. But the speedtest is under 10Mbps even cachefly sometimes slower than 1Mbps. The benchmark in my record for single core and multi-core are 399 and 582 separately. That's a ovz test i don't have KVM from Alpharacks. I think won't have any KVM vps.

• I've a $18 512M KVM package in LA with them last year. They have random network problem from china, massive packet loss, and in worst situation, ping from US also suffers 30% packet loss.

• bugrakocbugrakoc Member
    edited January 2017

thagoat said: in this neighborhood if you post a positive review they call you a shill.

I don't agree with that. I have seen numerous positive reviews that weren't called shills. I also posted a positive thread (not a review) about a provider after a good support encounter, and no one called me a shill. They call you a shill, however, if you have registered today and posting "OMG DA BEST SERVERZ EVER" content about a shit company.

Edit: After writing this, I went back and checked the thread I posted, and out of the 13 comments, one of them has implied that I was a shill, FWIW. Still, I think most people here can smell a real shill from miles away.

• Their OpenVZ VPS is not usable, uptimerobot keep sending me "Your server is down" /"Your server is up" every day.

Their KVM VPS is stable, seems to be a good choice. But I will sugguest my readers to choose Bandwagonhost or others.

Here is a statistics from uptimerobot monitoring my two Alpharacks uptime:

https://s1.postimg.org/8zjpmk10i7/Selection_687.png

https://s1.postimg.org/1zvg4no88f/Selection_688.png

• WSSWSS Member

This is a 9 month old thread you bumped.

• francofranco Member
    edited October 2017

• @WSS said:
    This is a 9 month old thread you bumped.

sigh