Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recurring Billing - UK/GBP
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Recurring Billing - UK/GBP

I have been searching for a recurring invoice solution, preferably UK based and with GBP payment option. With unstable USD to GBP currency conversions at the minute, I'm looking for something with a set GBP fee so I know exactly how much it's going to cost each month. It seems to be incredibly hard to find, with most products been charged in USD.

If there are any license providers offering WHMCS/Blesta etc at a fixed monthly GBP cost those would be considered too. Thank you for your time.

Comments

• jhjh Member

You're worried about fluctuations of a few pence a month? And you think paying a reseller is the way to go?

If you really want a UK-based service, FreeAgent is a British (well, Scottish.. I don't know if you're concerned about that too..) company. Renting WHMCS/Blesta will be cheaper and probably more suitable though.

• ratherbak3dratherbak3d Member
    edited January 2017

jh said: You're worried about fluctuations of a few pence a month?

Never said I was worried. But on this particular project, we want to keep everything in the UK and most importantly, pay for everything in pounds and pence.

• We use invoiceplane and it has been working fine now for over a year

• jhjh Member

What is the reasoning behind this? If it were a large expense, I would advise either buying a British product or opening a currency account and charging in that currency. For a purchase this size, I would not fear getting poked by a big, hard Brexit.

• solarman said: We use invoiceplane and it has been working fine now for over a year

I have that installed on a test VPS and it's at the top of my list at the moment, thank you for the recommendation though it's good to hear from somebody who has given it the test of time.

• ratherbak3dratherbak3d Member
    edited January 2017

jh said: For a purchase this size, I would not fear getting poked by a big, hard Brexit.

There isn't a reason in particular I guess I'm just shocked by how little is available in the UK and I'm not scared of any Brexit, hard, soft or jelly form. I'm northern, I get shit on no matter what.

• vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

gocardless.com for direct debit in the UK as well as europe (SEPA). I just implemented their API for nixstats and it's working great so far. Also only 1% transaction fee.

• vfuse said: gocardless.com for direct debit in the UK as well as europe (SEPA). I just implemented their API for nixstats and it's working great so far. Also only 1% transaction fee.

This was on my radar too, but I just have the idea that customers won't like direct debits.

• jhjh Member

If they're hiring customers, it'll take 3 days to find out they don't have £ to honour the direct debit..

Besides, 1% is high compared to a good merchant account.

• vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

@jh said:
    If they're hiring customers, it'll take 3 days to find out they don't have £ to honour the direct debit..

I always see people posting here that 2% or even apparently 1% is a high fee but no one ever seems to actually post what companies (merchant accounts) have these low fee's.

• jhjh Member
    edited January 2017

@vfuse said:

@jh said:

I always see people posting here that 2% or even apparently 1% is a high fee but no one ever seems to actually post what companies (merchant accounts) have these low fee's.

WorldPay and Elavon