Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good & reliable enterprise dedi in Europe?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Good & reliable enterprise dedi in Europe?

nstormnstorm Member
edited May 2013 in General

My company are looking for (at least 2) enterprise dedicated provider in western Europe.
By "enterprise" I mean stability, reliability, QoS, 99.9% SLA, etc. And yes, it can be out of LEB price range. Doesn't really care about the price within reasonable limits.
It does not have to be managed service, because services will be mostly custom and software will be supported by own team. Just a casual hardware maintenance, replaces on failure, etc.
Anyone could suggest something?

EDIT: It's not for the VPS/service selling, it's for internal company (not directly related to IT) needs in case you wonder.

Comments

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

SingleHop in Amsterdam

• nstormnstorm Member
    edited May 2013

@shovenose

Data Center Opens May 2013. Pre-Sale Offer

No, I can't find this reliable, neither accept pre-sales.

@nstorm actually they are very realiable. their datacenter is already operation and I ordered a server there it should be set up tomorow.

• nstormnstorm Member

What about OVH? I know ppl here hate them, but mostly I found this is because their strict abuse procedures. But if the servers aren't going to provide any public services, means it won't get any abuse. I like their configurations, lots of RAM.

• nstormnstorm Member

@shovenose well I quoted from their site. Besides how can you call reliable something that just started this month? I mean even if they do a good business at their US locations, doesn't means something wouldn't go wrong in new and untested EU location.

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited May 2013

@nstorm said: What about OVH? I know ppl here hate them, but mostly I found this is because their strict abuse procedures. But if the servers aren't going to provide any public services, means it won't get any abuse. I like their configurations, lots of RAM.

They do have a great plan and setup. Their network blend is fine (http://bgp.he.net/AS16276 ) although I will admit personally I find it to be too "generic" of a blend (surprised Cogent isn't there for IPv4). You already know not to get a single abuse report so I'll just consider yourself warned. That's about it.

• nstormnstorm Member

Yes, I'm having one of the VPS hosted on OVH node for personal needs. And network from my work to that VPS works excellent.

@HalfEatenPie said: You already know not to get a single abuse report so I'll just consider yourself warned. That's about it.

Shouldn't be an issue for us, considering it's only for company employees usage, i.e. no public services will be hosted.

• JacobJacob Member

We can provide servers in UK. Here.

Granted there's not much choice right now, but we will be stocking more later in the month or can do custom configs, ie: E3s, etc..

• @nstorm said: Shouldn't be an issue for us, considering it's only for company employees usage, i.e. no public services will be hosted.

Well abuse reports can come from anywhere. From a compromised site to just neglect. I'm not saying its going to happen but it's always possible (and we've had to deal with it previously). It'll still be facing the internet and therefore has the possibility of being a target. Heck even some of my personal/internal sites get hit with attempts. Worst case scenario, make sure you have a disaster plan in place (especially with OVH). If suddenly your server is removed that you atleast have a backup somewhere working for you.

• nstormnstorm Member

@HalfEatenPie Good advice, will take that in mind, thanks!

• PatrickPatrick Member

@nstorm said: By "enterprise" I mean stability, reliability, QoS, 99.9% SLA, etc.

Softlayer - Amsterdam

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited May 2013

By "enterprise" I mean stability, reliability, QoS, 99.9% SLA, etc. And yes, it can be out of LEB price range.

If you want an enterprise solution with all of those qualities in Western Europe I'd probably suggest going for a (real) cloud solution instead of a dedicated server at OVH/hetzner/etc. We replaced a couple of dedicated servers we had at Worldstream with these --> http://www.cloudvps.com/cloud-servers. If it's for your company this would also give you the option of setting up a VLAN, etc.. They have a 2-week trial.

edited to add:

"enterprise"

the Dutch payment service Ideal is hosted at cloudvps so it's definitely enterprise quality.

shove said SingleHop in Amsterdam

I just noticed they have a fan club :P

• neqsteneqste Member

if enterprise -> iperweb.com welcome!

• nstormnstorm Member

@Patrick yes, I have them in mind.

@DomainBop due to some internal reasons clouds aren't considered.
    As for the SingleHop "fan club" seems like a guy really wanted managed services and didn't wanted to pay for them.

@neqste don't see they offer their dedicated.

• Although it will probably be far out of the LEB price range, you might want to check out true.nl - I had a box with them a few years back. Solid network (AS15703 / euNetworks) and decent support.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

InceptionHosting!

• swiftway... singlehop if you're rich enough, no issue with them, only disappointed by their price...

Well I got 20% discount so SingleHop is not such a bad price.

• jaakkajaakka Member

I would reccomend WeServIT and ProServe or Swiftway

If you have shitload of money, then softlayer or singlehope

• flyfly Member

hetzner

• GienGien Member

leaseweb

• ingate.de

• xxytonxxyton Member

I second ingate.de

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited May 2013

@nstorm said: @neqste don't see they offer their dedicated.

We dont, publicly, only for people we know and even did colocation.
    While Prometeus racks are full to the brink and the datacenter is also almost full, the DC owner cdlan where salvatore is CTO still has some place, however, that DC is very expensive as it hosts some of the most important companies in italy, even the stock exchange and a few banks are hosting there. They will open another, fully built by them, later on, this year, tho.