Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cloud.net: Just $.38 for your first month - Locations in USA/Canada/Europe/South America - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cloud.net: Just $.38 for your first month - Locations in USA/Canada/Europe/South America

Comments

• OnApp_TerryOnApp_Terry Member
    edited January 2017

FYI, thank you for all the orders. We're temporarily out of capacity in Bogota and Rio de Janeiro. Additional capacity should be online Monday morning.

• teamaccteamacc Member
    edited January 2017

@OnApp_Terry said:
    If you suggest a new feature, I'll give you a $10 credit. Find a bug? Just let me know at [email protected], and I'll get you credited for $20. We're serious about improving!

Here's some:

Bandwidth still not showing used amount/remaining amount for the month

Dashboard has nice graphs but the server name is unclickable (although the pointer changes to a link-clicking-pointer on mouseover)(clicking inside the pie-chart works though, just the legend doesnt)

Server details page shows monthly price with discount instead of recurring amount after discount ends

Cannot remove credit card if only one card added (switching to paypal)

Coupon code not showing expiry date/activation date in billing section

Scroll-to-zoom disabled on server map (is enabled on contact page)

Tax is applied to free credit whereas it shouldn't be taxed (You're not paying the government 20% of the free credit you sent my way do you?)

edited January 2017

Thanks for those. Can you PM me your email address? I'll get the credits applied right away.

• 50 usd credit received. Thank you.

• Thanks for the ideas guys. There's a few easy ones out there still ;)

Would appreciate hearing how you're currently using other providers to perform certain tasks, and if we can make them easier at Cloud.net. Willing to pay more for those real neat ideas - we have a team of 3 programmers who can accomplish pretty much anything we need.

• teamaccteamacc Member
    edited January 2017

Few ideas:

One-click migration between zones

List peers/exchanges on world map (like dediserve's locations page)

Annoyances/bugs:

For some reason changing the name of the server in the dashboard sets it to a "building" state, without actually killing the server or doing anything at all, and locking any action one can do on the server for at least 15 minutes. For just a UI namechange.

It also doubles the available bandwidth it seems (bug) ( https://i.gyazo.com/9e6533f3d25e00816a091751db727d85.png )

You need to have at least the monthly cost of a server in your wallet before you can deploy it, even if said month only has 1 day left, and you credit the rest back at the end of the month. This requires a user to have more money in his wallet than strictly required, especially with the 10 usd top-up amount and 13.70 usd servers.

Renaming a server also seems to spam the billing part with a credit+invoice (same amount on both)

Tiny UI bug:

When putting your mousepointer at the top of the pie chart on the dashboard (so the pop-up goes over the mousepointer) the javascript gets into an infinite loop, because when the pop-up is there, the mousepointer is no longer over the pie-chart and the pop-up should be closed, causing the mousepointer to be over the pie-chart again, making the pop-up open up again (etc)

Edit: the bandwidth was actually doubled for this location it seems, so that bug is invalid. Would be nice if you would inform users of when such changes were made to their servers though.

• teamaccteamacc Member
    edited January 2017

Last I checked canada was in some other spot, but maybe somebody moved it:

Also, auto top-up is still set to 25 usd, while you can custom top-up for only 10 usd.

At the market screen, unselecting a server on the world map does not hide it from the comparison table below the world map, even after switching regions.

As far as ideas go, given that you're hosting a DNS service as well, might be nice to add a "add hostname/ip as A-record" while creating a server.

• otioti Member

Here's a couple of bugs for you:

1) If you get "Unable to accept payments from your account", then even after support fixes the problem, you don't get the $10 credit :(
    2) If you shut down a newly created server and then go to delete it, the modal will try to tell you how much credit you get, but it will say "(calculating...)" forever (or at least a couple of minutes before I gave up)

• otioti Member

Also, I appear to have managed to get an instance for negative cost?

Are you paying me to use your service?

edited January 2017

@oti said:
    Also, I appear to have managed to get an instance for negative cost?

Are you paying me to use your service?

Oh, that's interesting. Thanks for reporting that - will send you your credits.

• crjscrjs Member
    edited January 2017

@OnApp_Terry could you give some more info about the Buenos Aires location? Like virtualization type, port speed, some looking glass or test ip, uptime sla, datacenter location.
    It's nice to have a provider down here but honestly it looks too cheap to be good, hope I'm wrong.

• @crjs said:
    @OnApp_Terry could you give some more info about the Buenos Aires location? Like virtualization type, port speed, some looking glass or test ip, uptime sla, datacenter location.
    It's nice to have a provider down here but honestly it looks too cheap to be good, hope I'm wrong.

The datacenter is through webplusidc.com.br, using KVM virtualization.

All OnApp federation providers guarantee 100% uptime. You can use 200.55.245.90 as a test IP address.

• crjscrjs Member
    edited January 2017

@OnApp_Terry Thanks for the info, could you please provide me the port speed of this location?
    Also, is it 20GB SSD or HDD?
    TUN/TAP enabled?

edited January 2017

@crjs said:
    @OnApp_Terry Thanks for the info, could you please provide me the port speed of this location?
    TUN/TAP enabled?

This location is HDD, with gbit connectivity.

Does this look correct for TUN/TAP?

root@testip:~# cat /dev/net/tun
    cat: /dev/net/tun: File descriptor in bad state

• crjscrjs Member
    edited January 2017

@OnApp_Terry said:

@crjs said:
    TUN/TAP enabled?

Looks like enabled.
    Just tried to rent a server in this location using the 50% discount code but I can't add funds to my account.
    It says: We are unable to accept payments from your account at this moment. Please contact support to enable payments.
    I tried with paypal.

• @crjs said:

@OnApp_Terry said:

@crjs said:
    TUN/TAP enabled?

Looks like enabled.
    Just tried to rent a server in this location using the 50% discount code but I can't add funds to my account.
    It says: We are unable to accept payments from your account at this moment. Please contact support to enable payments.
    I tried with paypal.

Yes, sorry this happens in certain situations. I have validated your account now.

• @OnApp_Terry Just signed up, the server deployment was fast.
    I've been testing the vps a bit and got an mail saying that my bandwidth was exceeded.

This is the email:

Hello! You are getting this message because, as of today, a server that you created is generating more traffic than included in a free allocated bandwidth. We do not mind if you keep that usage, but be prepared to be charged at the end of billing period Server: vps We charge 1.0 cents per GB over free usage Current bandwidth overusage: 330 MB Free bandwidth for that server per hour: 762 MB Free bandwidth for that server per month: 500.0 GB Thanks, Cloud.net Team

Care to explain how this hourly bandwidth works? 762mb/hr seems a bit low, is it the same on all servers? I signed up for the $3.80/m pack.

• @crjs said:
    @OnApp_Terry Just signed up, the server deployment was fast.
    I've been testing the vps a bit and got an mail saying that my bandwidth was exceeded.

This is the email:

Hello! You are getting this message because, as of today, a server that you created is generating more traffic than included in a free allocated bandwidth. We do not mind if you keep that usage, but be prepared to be charged at the end of billing period Server: vps We charge 1.0 cents per GB over free usage Current bandwidth overusage: 330 MB Free bandwidth for that server per hour: 762 MB Free bandwidth for that server per month: 500.0 GB Thanks, Cloud.net Team

Care to explain how this hourly bandwidth works? 762mb/hr seems a bit low, is it the same on all servers? I signed up for the $3.80/m pack.

It's not actually hourly. It's a dumb, terrible message that is being removed. Basically it just takes your monthly allowance, divides it by 672 to determine an hourly allowance. Don't worry, you're billed per month.

• smicrozsmicroz Member
    edited January 2017

offtopic - suggestion - Add option to modify rdns from the panel and bandwidth packages ;)

Thanked by 1OnApp_Terry
  • @OnApp_Terry

I'm not sure if I understand correctly the idea behind cloud.net.

Is a market search for clouds"" and vps, provides some insights about the network, etc. Now my question is, with who I'm contracting services, with you or the provider / network I select? Example a quick search for Dallas, Quadranet pops up. Is my service with Quadranet directly or is with cloud.net which resell Quadranet?

• Your agreement is with Cloud.net, and you would use our team for any billing assistance or technical support.

@Hxxx said:
    @OnApp_Terry

I'm not sure if I understand correctly the idea behind cloud.net.

Is a market search for clouds"" and vps, provides some insights about the network, etc. Now my question is, with who I'm contracting services, with you or the provider / network I select? Example a quick search for Dallas, Quadranet pops up. Is my service with Quadranet directly or is with cloud.net which resell Quadranet?

• I created a new Debian 8.0 server. After some testing, tried to reinstall it with the same operating system, but it didn't. Then I selected a different operating system (Centos) from Rebuild Server menu, it rebuilt the server successfully. Can you fix this bug?

Also when I rebuilt the server, a new invoice generated and paid with my account credit. Do you charge for reinstalling process?

• @Umut said:
    I created a new Debian 8.0 server. After some testing, tried to reinstall it with the same operating system, but it didn't. Then I selected a different operating system (Centos) from Rebuild Server menu, it rebuilt the server successfully. Can you fix this bug?

Also when I rebuilt the server, a new invoice generated and paid with my account credit. Do you charge for reinstalling process?

Let me investigate the bug.

Each time you modify the server, you'll receive a credit for the remaining amount prior to the edit. You're then re-invoiced the new amount.

• @OnApp_Terry said:
    Each time you modify the server, you'll receive a credit for the remaining amount prior to the edit. You're then re-invoiced the new amount.

Maybe there is a bug on Wallet Balance value, too. If the logs are true, Wallet Ballance must be $14.86.

• @OnApp_Terry What happened to Buenos Aires? Can't select it anymore.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • @crjs said:
    @OnApp_Terry What happened to Buenos Aires? Can't select it anymore.

Temporarily out of IP addresses

• Hi @OnApp_Terry, Bogota seems to not be available anymore. Any ETA on when additional capacity will be added?

Thanked by 1OnApp_Terry
  • vpnareavpnarea Member
    edited January 2017

opened ticket - received a reply and assistance within minutes, thanks

Thanked by 1OnApp_Terry
  • edited February 2017

@crjs said:
    @OnApp_Terry What happened to Buenos Aires? Can't select it anymore.

sorry for the necro:
    Are you also from Argentina??

Had 100 megabits to fibertels test speed ( local) and sub 1 msec given OP's provider resells "someome" that has footprint in CABASE.

Did download at less than 80kb/s from github but I've been told it might be the source where I was downloading. After asking if the provider really thought github was that slow I've been said that maybe it's the hypervisor and that they'll take a look.

Haven't heard back from them.

• @inthecloudblog said:
    Did download at less than 80kb/s from github but I've been told it might be the source where I was downloading. After asking if the provider really thought github was that slow I've been said that maybe it's the hypervisor and that they'll take a look.

Haven't heard back from them.

Hi, we briefly spoke on live chat. If you need us to investigate, we would need to know more info. Please file a ticket, and we can launch a thorough investigation.