Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wishosting - KVM VPS (Linux, Windows) SSD/HDD plans!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Wishosting - KVM VPS (Linux, Windows) SSD/HDD plans!

exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

Hello,

The VPS specs are:

KVM HDD Plus - currently out of stock temporarily. You can check KVM HDD as an alternative

KVM SSD

1 vCPU core Xeon E3-1245v2
Unlimited CPU core 3.6GHz Turbo
2GB RAM
60GB SSD
Linux/Windows OS
Unmetered 250Mbit bandwidth
1 IPv4 address
Control Panel - OpenNebula
Location - France (OVH)
Price - $4.99/mo
Link - https://www.wishosting.com/order/config/index/VPS/?group_id=2&pricing_id=27

KVM HDD

1 vCPU core Xeon E5606
Unlimited CPU core 2.13GHz
6GB ECC RAM
120GB HDD RAID-1
Linux/Windows OS
Unmetered 250Mbps bandwidth
1 IPv4
DDoS protection
Location - France (OVH)
Price - $5.99/mo
Link - https://www.wishosting.com/order/config/index/VPS/?group_id=2&pricing_id=26

KVM HDD Limited

1 vCPU core Xeon E5-1620 v2
Unlimited CPU core 3.7GHz
2GB ECC RAM
200GB HDD RAID-5
Linux/Windows OS
Unmetered 250Mbps bandwidth
1 IPv4
DDoS protection
Location - France (OVH)
Price - $3.99/mo
Link - https://www.wishosting.com/order/config/index/VPS/?group_id=2&pricing_id=29

Each KVM package has a limit of 4 VMs, so you can request a private networking and setup up to 4 VMs. Also you can order several packages of the same type and combine them into one VM.

Also we have doubled the specs of OpenVZ package recently.

OpenVZ Mini

1 vCPU core AMD Opteron 4334
256MB RAM
256MB Swap
40GB HDD
Unmetered bandwidth 250Mbps
IPv4 NAT
IPv6 /112
DDoS protection
OpenVZ Virtualization
Location - France (OVH)
Price - $2.99/year
Link - https://www.wishosting.com/order/config/index/VPS/?group_id=2&pricing_id=28

The payment gateway is Bitpay (Bitcoin) or 2Checkout (PayPal), it is also possible to pay via Skrill manually, just open a ticket.

https://www.wishosting.com

Comments

• @exception0x876 any 2 vCPU plan?

• Picked up one of the recent deals with the SSD plan and it's rock solid so far, thanks @exception0x876.

Thanked by 1exception0x876
  • exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

@gaul said:
    @exception0x876 any 2 vCPU plan?

You can combine KVM packages of the same type to get 2 vCPUs.

• Do you provide a looking glass or speedtest file?

@Panja said:
    Do you provide a looking glass or speedtest file?

Sorry, it is not available. I can PM you the test IP for the selected package if needed.

• WSSWSS Member

Grabbed an OpenVZ. Why not?!

Thanked by 1exception0x876
  • How long does it take to get activated?

@tenpera said:
    How long does it take to get activated?

The guaranteed time is 24 hours. However it takes 1-2 hours usually.

• @exception0x876 said:

@gaul said:
    @exception0x876 any 2 vCPU plan?

You can combine KVM packages of the same type to get 2 vCPUs.

If you combine two (or more) VMs, will it still have a limit of 4VMs or will it become 8VMs?

@TheOnlyDK said:
    If you combine two (or more) VMs, will it still have a limit of 4VMs or will it become 8VMs?

It will remain at 4 VMs. You can create a ticket to raise it to 8VMs.

Thanked by 1TheOnlyDK
  • It is dedicated core or dedicated thread?

@brian777 said:
    It is dedicated core or dedicated thread?

Neither, it is unlimited CPU usage policy.

• Domin43Domin43 Member
    edited January 2017

Must Resist!....oops too late got another mini

• @exception0x876 said:

@brian777 said:
    It is dedicated core or dedicated thread?

Neither, it is unlimited CPU usage policy.

Traditionally, CPU limits are set on use of shared resources to prevent situation when every client is maxing out and hence none of them can use the cores effectively. If there is no overselling of cores involved then everyone can theoretically and practically use unlimited cycles of CPU cores as advertised. But then if not oversold, it becomes dedicated cores and would be advertised as such. Which, as you pointed out on the numerous occasions, it is not.

I bought one of these plans already and idling it no problem. But I bought it and would upgrade exponentially on occasion if I understand that when I actually need to run CPU intensive tasks, these KVMs would perform as needed. I want to point out that the Unlimited aspect is what makes this offer stand out and makes good for number crunching, not an optimistic hope that all other clients will keep CPU usage at low percentage.

I would really appreciate a clarification here, because I can't wrap my head around this, performance and economical wise.

Thanked by 1brian777

@Yura You are absolutely correct, the cores are not dedicated but shared. There are no limits of the usage so if there are available CPU resources, you will be able to use CPU cores as if they are dedicated to your VPS. However if all clients on one node start to max CPU usage, the host node scheduler will take care of the CPU time allocation. During this time you will get a lower than 100% amount of CPU time.

Thanked by 1brian777
  • . However if all clients on one node start to max CPU usage, the host node scheduler will take care of the CPU time allocation. During this time you will get a lower than 100% amount of CPU time.

This is what I want from ALL my providers. real fair-share cpu.

• @vimalware said:

. However if all clients on one node start to max CPU usage, the host node scheduler will take care of the CPU time allocation. During this time you will get a lower than 100% amount of CPU time.

This is what I want from ALL my providers. real fair-share cpu.

You are right, it seems like most provider here too much care about their benchmark result on each user.

• WSSWSS Member
    edited January 2017

I hate OpenNebula. I created a new host BEFORE adding my SSH key, and now seem to have a virtual host I can't edit, remove, modify, or anything else. What do I do with this Web 3.0 turdbox of an admin interface?

Mashed on MM (Mystery Meat) buttons until I found a red garbage can. Trashed VM, created new one after it had the ssh key. Works.

E: IPv6 is enabled, but doesn't seem to work in Debian Wheezy 32 bit template. Disabled via sysctl to update software.

• I was order an server but it dont appear on active services...

@bxio333 said:
    I was order an server but it dont appear on active services...

The guaranteed activation time is 24 hours as stated on the product page.

• Gone with the wind.