Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to get ArubaCloud discount?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How to get ArubaCloud discount?

dergelbedergelbe Member
edited January 2017 in General

Anybody successfully got the 2 month Aruba free trial? I did send the request a few times but either upon click you get an error, and if it does work then there is simply no replay. Yes, I put in all real data and a real mobile number. From their page it said they send a promo code via SMS, but that so far never happened. Or do you need to sign up and pay first?

Anyway, I talk about this offer:
https://www.arubacloud.com/free-trial.aspx

And one more question, do they provide an IP one can map a domain to?

Comments

• Just pay 1 euro and test it out. Stop being cheap, it's worth it.

Thanked by 2Falzo default
  • You dont need trial. They are good. Just pay, it worth.

• dergelbe said: dergelbe

dergelbe

Ask your mom for sponsoring your kids corner instead diner.,

• I solved the problem, I sold one of my shoes ;-) Money is plenty now.

• excellent!! Now Aruba is saved from bankruptcy

• i got it, arubacloud is nice host.

• just email them and ask them to get your free trial coupon.

• Well, I put in a massive €2.00 and I got a 0 credit and 'termination' mail a few hours later. I thought that €2.00 should be good till March?

• OhMyMyOhMyMy Member
    edited January 2017

did you have personal details that matched your credit card or paypal? did you go through the automated account confirmation process (SMS message if I recall)?

• I used Paypal. Name is real. I got a termination mail, but the service is still active. I can login. No website setup yet. This was the message:

Dear Customer,
    the credit for the AWI-00000 account has run out and the services associated with this account have been disabled.

Top-up your credit now and reactivate your services! You can top-up online using the payment option you prefer.

• OhMyMyOhMyMy Member
    edited January 2017

If I recall for me- even though I'm from the US I had to pay VAT. So to get a 1 euro server I needed to deposit 1.2. Did you try to create multiple servers or a server that wasnt 1 euro or a server for 1 euro with add on features? I wound up putting in like 6 or 7 euros just to make sure I had some extra. I never submitted a ticket- you may want to submit one and see if they can help you? By the way the servers do work well -so hopefully you can get their billing fixed for you

Thanked by 1varwww
  • They cannot remove VAT even for other countries. They confirmed this over a ticket. However, the service is great for the price.

• I paid in EUR, and I don't think they can remove VAT if the server is in Italy.

One thing that did happen, I installed by error Debian8, deleted it and then CentOS7 - VPS had a different IP after that.

• OhMyMyOhMyMy Member
    edited January 2017

So if you deposited 2 euro they subtracted vat so did you actually have a net deposit of less than two eoro on receipt? You would then lose one euro for creating and destroying one instance and would then have less than one euro to create new instance

• Well, not sure how that works. I created a ticket to find out.

• sinsin Member

I got the free trial awhile back, I think it was for 30 days or so.

• @dergelbe said:
    One thing that did happen, I installed by error Debian8, deleted it and then CentOS7 - VPS had a different IP after that.

There you got your problem.
    The cheap "smart" version of their VPS line which you got yourself for the 1€ has no hourly payment feature. So if you don't simply reinstall but recreate the server, you "lost" your first 1€. ;)

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2017

They removed VAT from my account (with a valid EU VAT ID). It did take a while and I asked them to do this before topping up my account.