Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Russia dedi server - for Gameservers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Russia dedi server - for Gameservers

JustRefleXJustRefleX Member
edited January 2017 in Requests

Hello I need a dedicated server thats suitable for gameservers in Russia and the CIS region.

Looking for a machine with at least 4c/8t - preferably Intel.

4c/8t - max 32 GB RAM needed but 24 GB could be enough.

Not a lot of HDD space required. (Max 256 GB)

At least 500 Mbit/s Port.

DDOS Protection would be great.

Comments

• DXDDXD Member

Dont expect anything great for less.

Any budget and defination of "low"

• bacloudbacloud Member, Patron Provider

Discounted price = discounted support, discounted network, discounted everything.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • deployvmdeployvm Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2017

If you want anything east of Russia, be prepared to pay a lot for bandwidth.

You need to specify exactly CPU, RAM, HDD, traffic and which region of Russia.
    DDoS protection is mainly available in St Petersburg and Moscow only.

• inb4 "sorry for not giving you any offers but I'm on the phone right now"

Thanked by 3Yura BeardyUnixGuy rm_
  • @teamacc said:
    inb4 "sorry for not giving you any offers but I'm on the phone right now"

Thats a very helpful comment man

• @JustRefleX said:

@teamacc said:

Do you really need the offers so quickly that you cannot even wait to finish your phone call to post a request thread?

Thanked by 3Bochi BeardyUnixGuy rm_
  • @deployvm said:
    DDoS protection is mainly available in St Petersburg and Moscow only.

Most common Russian DDoS protection options:

• Null route for 12 hours
    • Null route for 24 hours
  • If you have a shitload of money and want best support and protection you should check out, https://ddos-guard.net/

You should also check https://www.hostkey.com/

edited January 2017

@Wicked said: want best support and protection you should check out

There are plenty of DCs in Russia that directly use DDoS-Guard for connectivity. It will be way cheaper than direct offerings. Hence, it's best to find partners. Protected bandwidth will be billed per Mbit/s. For example, protected b/w for 100mbit/s is billed 14,000rub~. Costs would probably be cheaper overall on dedicated servers.

Protection is also available with national telecom operators at rather expensive rates (TTK, RT etc)

@Yura said: Most common Russian DDoS protection options:

Not necessarily. Most small ISPs do these, but now there are more that can do mitigation such as selectel, ihor, firstbyte etc.

• @deployvm said:

@Wicked said: want best support and protection you should check out

There are plenty of DCs in Russia that directly use DDoS-Guard for connectivity. It will be way cheaper than direct offerings. Hence, it's best to find partners. Protected bandwidth will be billed per Mbit/s. For example, protected b/w for 100mbit/s is billed 14,000rub~. Costs would probably be cheaper overall on dedicated servers.

I have been with both resellers and DDoS-Guard directly and I recommend going to them if you have the money. In my opinion they have the best DDoS Protection in Europe for Layer 7 and they have livechat 24/7/365.

But if OP needs something cheap in Russia with "unmetered" BW then I think Hostkey is a good choice. I used them a few years ago and they were decent for the price I paid.

• JustRefleXJustRefleX Member
    edited January 2017

@teamacc said:

@JustRefleX said:

@teamacc said:

Do you really need the offers so quickly that you cannot even wait to finish your phone call to post a request thread?

I cannot acces a PC for the next couple hours so I figured to post is now is best since russia is 2~ hours ahead qndwhen I get to my pc everybody isn't available but thanks for not contributing at all and please find some other thread to waste othet peoples time.

• deployvm said: If you want anything east of Russia, be prepared to pay a lot for bandwidth.

Sounds like someone always tried to charge you twice for the same things.. BW unmetered in central region No additional charges. Port speed other thing.

• DXDDXD Member

@jenkki said:

deployvm said: If you want anything east of Russia, be prepared to pay a lot for bandwidth.

Sounds like someone always tried to charge you twice for the same things.. BW unmetered in central region No additional charges. Port speed other thing.

Not true for eastern front. Bandwidth not unmetered at this region and if they are, then there is fup. Mostly capped at 3TB. Plus ddos protection is scrubbed at central so latency will matter too.

• DXD said: Bandwidth not unmetered

Hostlix.ru - Location Novosibirsk, eastern Russia, traffic unmetered, no caps

Sibhoster.ru - Just two examples.

edited January 2017

@DXD said: Not true for eastern front.

@jenkki said: Just two examples.

HostLIX is using Adman in Novosibirsk. BY default, Adman caps to 100mbit and 3TB usage. There are costs for more usage or else be shaped to 10Mbps. Hence, I'll say that it is not truly unmetered. If someone uses 10TB on HostLIX, I'm certain there will be some tensions between.

We have some services from Rostelecom in Novosibirsk, so we know exactly the kind of pricing. You can either buy dedicated unmetered ports or operate on 1/4 traffic ratio (if ratio exceeded, then you have to pay over-use). Both are similar in pricing, but dedicated ports cost ~$2/Mbit.

Sibhoster, I don't know about their arrangements but they are present on RT DC.

In Russian Far-East, then expect very expensive rates (>>$7/Mbit) and by default 10Mbit/s ports.

If you find anything in Vladivostok, Blagoveshchensk etc with unmetered bandwidth and cheap price, you can tell me.

edited January 2017

@jenkki said: Sounds like someone always tried to charge you twice for the same things..

Nope, the prices for certain services at Rostelecom are standardised and we can ensure we are not being ripped off. We are getting prices directly from the telecom and not a small business.

• deployvm said: If you find anything in Vladivostok, Blagoveshchensk etc with unmetered bandwidth and cheap price, you can tell me.

This region definitely poor for communication, RU mobile operators even not provide unmetered mobile internet 3G/4G on this region like in western regions because towers pretty odd and capacity outdated.