Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Broken pipe error installing a template
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Broken pipe error installing a template

Just try with sudo -i and curl but nothing.

Grml - Linux for geeks

root@grml ~ # wget -O- 'http://mirror.joodle.nl/WS2008R2Datacenter-Joodle-Template.gz' | gunzip | dd of=/dev/sda
--2017-01-10 15:46:16-- http://mirror.joodle.nl/WS2008R2Datacenter-Joodle-Template.gz
Resolving mirror.joodle.nl (mirror.joodle.nl)... 104.200.142.42
Connecting to mirror.joodle.nl (mirror.joodle.nl)|104.200.142.42|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 3258899094 (3,0G) [application/octet-stream]
Saving to: ‘STDOUT’

• 0%[ ] 8,17M 5,79MB/s dd: writing to ‘/dev/sda’: Input/output error
  • 0%[ ] 8,37M 5,87MB/s in 1,4s

Cannot write to ‘-’ (Broken pipe).
49569+0 records in
49568+0 records out
25378816 bytes (25 MB) copied, 2,24874 s, 11,3 MB/s

Comments

• I am no expert, but looks like you are overwriting your primary disk, and hence lost the current installation, Which might have led to disconnection

Were you able to login to VPS after this, without needing to reinstall OS?

• @sharuu said:
    I am no expert, but looks like you are overwriting your primary disk, and hence lost the current installation, Which might have led to disconnection

Were you able to login to VPS after this, without needing to reinstall OS?

Thanks for your help , i have 2 disk sda1 with 400mb , its the boot disk and /dev/sda2 with 20gb

i also do

wget -O- 'http://mirror.joodle.nl/WS2008R2Datacenter-Joodle-Template.gz' | gunzip | dd of=/dev/sda2

same error.

server its in rescue mode and login by ssh

• Who's rescue mode are you using?

• @IHaveADarkPassenger said:
    Who's rescue mode are you using?

root
    Grml , from myLoc

At the moment the server is in rescue mode, limited administration is possible.

• Type in lsblk in the terminal and paste the output here

• @ethancedrik said:
    Type in lsblk in the terminal and paste the output here

root@grml ~ # lsblk
    NAME MAJ:MIN RM SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT
    sda 8:0 0 29,8G 0 disk
    ├─sda1 8:1 0 500M 0 part
    └─sda2 8:2 0 14,5G 0 part
    loop0 7:0 0 420,2M 1 loop /lib/live/mount/rootfs/grml64-full_testing.squa

• @raikkosl Copy and paste this command below

If this still fails then the template is actually trying to take up more hard drive space than you have, your servers disk is 30GB and I'm not sure what @joodle set the size to be

• @ethancedrik said:
    @raikkosl Copy and paste this command below

If this still fails then the template is actually trying to take up more hard drive space than you have, your servers disk is 30GB and I'm not sure what @joodle set the size to be

This may be possible, however I am betting you need to use sudo.

sudo -I

Then run your wget command.

Otherwise, if it is a size issue the templates on www.whatuptime.com are made with a 15GB drive so they will fit.

• Yeah, sadly the ones I made for my OVH VPS tutorial don't have RDP set up as they assume you can access KVM

• @IHaveADarkPassenger said:

@ethancedrik said:

sudo -I

Otherwise, if it is a size issue the templates on www.whatuptime.com are made with a 15GB drive so they will fit.

Done and re done with whatuptime template and same error. Im stuck realy XD , if anyone wanna try it i ll give the ip and username in pm ,

• @raikkosl said:

@IHaveADarkPassenger said:

@ethancedrik said:

sudo -I

Done and re done with whatuptime template and same error. Im stuck realy XD , if anyone wanna try it i ll give the ip and username in pm ,

Please provide a link to the exact service you purchased.

• Please provide a link to the exact service you purchased.

Product: SD-X2150
    Debian Plesk (64bit plain)
    Additional options: 1.000 MBit-Anbindung
    Prozessor: AMD Opteron X2150
    Leistung: 4 x 1,5 GHz
    Arbeitsspeicher: 8 GB DDR3
    HDDs:
    Slot 1: 32 GB SSD
    Slot 2: 1.000 GB

Servdiscount, a myloc bidding service

• Myloc rescue system is not supported and is not working. Wget is just crapped out on their rescue system.

Thanked by 2rsk raikkosl
  • GamerTech24GamerTech24 Member
    edited January 2017

That's strange, I wonder if a workaround would be possible

• @joodle said:
    Myloc rescue system is not supported and is not working. Wget is just crapped out on their rescue system.

Crap for me T.T xD.

Anyways i contact with myLoc and get this:

Hello Mr. XxX, the Moonshot Servers can't work with Windows, so we do not offer it.

i answer if can do by wget command and get this

Hello Mr. XxX

Well you could try that, but as the server is not compatible with Windows, I think it won't work.

Anyways i need a windows server, apache for me is useless , and im noob for this. but if a pro wanna try f*** myloc installing windows, pm i ll give you the server data (is payed 1 month)