Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NAT IP Openvz Debian PPTP VPN problems
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

NAT IP Openvz Debian PPTP VPN problems

WorldWorld Veteran
edited May 2013 in General

Hi,I have a NAT IP VPS in inceptionhosting.com.System OS:Debian 6.Openvz.I want to use pptp vpn,only me use this.What should i do ?

Comments

• RaymiiRaymii Member

Submit a ticket and read the lowendspirit.com docs/forum?

• yomeroyomero Member

If you submit a ticket Anthony will kill you and invoice you with 3 bucks more. AFAIK pptp can use only an specific port. So, you will be better using openvpn.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

This has been discussed before when @Freek tried it and unless you have been assigned port 1723 (iirc this is the pptp port) then you are in trouble since the windows pptp client cant change ports.

You are better of using ipsec or similar.

• FreekFreek Member

@MikHo said: This has been discussed before when @Freek tried it and unless you have been assigned port 1723 (iirc this is the pptp port) then you are in trouble since the windows pptp client cant change ports.

You are better of using ipsec or similar.

Exactly. You cannot use PPTP if you are using the built-in Windows client, as Windows will always try to connect on port 1723 regardless of what and how you set PPTP to run on on your VPS.
    I suggest looking into OpenVPN

• tehdantehdan Member

Anyone got pptp going on ipv6?

• FreekFreek Member

Sorry tehdan, I don't have native IPv6 so that would require a tunnel on my side. VPN over a IPv6 tunnel sounds like a bad plan to me.

• taronyutaronyu Member

Is it possible to connect to your vpn with ipv4 and visit ipv6 sites when your server got ipv6 and youe home connection not?

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

should be possible if you configure ipv6 accordingly.