Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anchor lightweight blog system - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anchor lightweight blog system

2»

Comments

• kbeeziekbeezie Member

@vanarp said: I mean loads pretty fast probably being light weight.

But "too fast" sounds like a criticism of it, like "too much".

• vanarpvanarp Member

@kbeezie said: But "too fast" sounds like a criticism of it, like "too much".

I realize it now :)

• bcrlsnbcrlsn Member

Did a load test - My server with anchor running handled 10,000 requests from 300 connections just fine. My load test was run off 2 vps on gigabit uplinks. It did better than wordpress!

Although, I did have cloudflare in place so that helped take some of the load off of it.

• kbeeziekbeezie Member

@bcarlsonmedia said: It did better than wordpress!

Though did your wordpress installation have any kind of caching system in place? Nearly 2 years ago I tested wordpress with stuff like WPSC and W3TC on nginx to get around 2-3k requests per second, I've haven't done any actual seige or similar benchmarks lately, but I know it would be better with the latest version of nginx and W3TC configurations and such, especially if I were using pre-generated disk caching which would be served directly by nginx.

My only point is when someone says "better than wordpress" they don't normally include crucial details such as caching, since out of the box, with no tweaks wordpress is pretty pitiful at performance.

• bcrlsnbcrlsn Member

Exact same setup with caching... although it was a new box. But the bandwidth and throughput were about the same.

• kbeeziekbeezie Member

@bcarlsonmedia said: Exact same setup with caching... although it was a new box. But the bandwidth and throughput were about the same.

Got me curious to start running some tests with some of the latest stuff...