Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a Windows VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a Windows VPS

BlazeMuisBlazeMuis Member
edited January 2012 in General

I'm looking for a good Windows VPS in Europe

Specs i want:
512MB Ram
Atleast 10GB disk Space
500GB Traffic
Location needs to be in Europe

Max Price: $6.50

I already looked at LEB, but couldn't find a good one in Europe
I hope someone here knows a good host for this

Comments

• I don't know exactly how much the windows license costs, but my guess is $6.50 would not be enough for the hardware + license price.

• Found a good Linux offer on WHT, 2GB ram for $7 monthly
    Going to install VNC Desktop on it

Thanks anyway!

• jhjh Member

@joodle said: Going to install VNC Desktop on it

So Linux is ok? Also 2GB for $7? Deadpool ahoy..

• @joodle said: Found a good Linux offer on WHT, 2GB ram for $7 monthly

Going to install VNC Desktop on it

Thanks anyway!

Any link for that?

• Look on WHT first page

• jhjh Member

Do you guys not care whether the provider you're taking a service with is sustainable?

• @jtodd said: Do you guys not care whether the provider you're taking a service with is sustainable?

I do, but I just was curious ;)

• earlearl Member
    edited January 2012

@jtodd said: Do you guys not care whether the provider you're taking a service with is sustainable?

>
    By the looks of it they have been featured on LEB quite a few times.. the earliest dating back to October of 2009

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

The sad part is that you can't use more than 1.5GB of the 4GB you get, otherwise you get TOS'd.

Read the signup page, it's an option you must 'accept'.

Francisco

• @Francisco

I know, it's a stupid thing, but i dont need more than 1GB ram though

That's what you say now but your virtual desktop is going to eat 300 - 500MB+

If you load up firefox you can expect to lose another 200MB.

It adds up :)

Francisco

• Actually windows worked pretty good on buyvm 256 KVM, I had debian VNC on hostigation 128 KVM that was ok too..

KVM isn't the same as OpenVZ though.

OpenVZ allocates RAM different, where if the application says 'i might need this' OpenVZ goes 'OK, im marking it as all taken, period'

It's why people end up swapping rsyslogd and such on OpenVZ just to cut down on RAM.

Francisco

• Try http://www.corgitech.com/

I have been with them $7/mo and they're good. no downtime so far in 2 months.

• earlearl Member
    edited January 2012

@Francisco said: KVM isn't the same as OpenVZ though.

Yeah I noticed that..Also firefox did chew up alot of memory..I think I installed an older version of opera which seemed to work better if I recalled.

I think they have a promo for $6/month now with 512Mb/20Gb/1Tb Vmware.. the VPS has been pretty solid had a little down time due to DDOS attack on the Gnax data centre, but overall pretty good.

• @earl said: I think they have a promo for $6/month now with 512Mb/20Gb/1Tb Vmware.. the VPS has been pretty solid had a little down time due to DDOS attack on the Gnax data centre, but overall pretty good.

Thats excluding windows license only..

BTW, after reading this i wouldnt want to do business with up2vps (2gb for 7usd):
    http://datheist.blogspot.com/2011/10/up2vps.html

Thanked by 1up2vps
  • Ouch...

Well if my VPS goes down i just ask for a Refund
    If they don't refund me then, Claim

• Hi djvdorp,

My name is Ralf the new UP2VPS CEO. I apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced with UP2VPS and their staff . Please if you are getting any issue with any our staff Please feel free to contact me directly ralf @ up2vps.com . I’m sure I can work with your to resolve this issue

Thanks You

Ralf

• Hi Ralf,

May I ask where you are from?
    Just the whois mentions somethign about a 'syed in canada'?

Regards

• nadeem is the owner , I'm from Germany

Thanks You