Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EU Laptop colocation - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

EU Laptop colocation

13»

Comments

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

William said: tech wise a keyboard emulator but i don't see it in my lsusb, might work different.

Might be PS/2?

• @brueggus said:

William said: tech wise a keyboard emulator but i don't see it in my lsusb, might work different.

Might be PS/2?

Might be their older line of servers, not their latest (maybe rackmount) stuff.

• You can also use a laptop that has Intel AMT. With Intel AMT you have kvm, remote installations and remote reboot (even if the laptop is powered off).
    https://www.realvnc.com/docs/viewerplus-intel-support.html

• GamerTech24GamerTech24 Member
    edited January 2017

I wonder how OVH does their power off on their dedis, they probably just cut power, I had them attach a KVM module to a MC32 I had with them for a month and whenever I cut power to the dedi via the control panel the KVM module went completely offline too. I don't think the Asus bios logs that info with their settings, or else I would have checked that to find out. I also was able to access the overclocking menu lol but didn't touch that as it was voltages and stuff.

• hzrhzr Member

ethancedrik said: I wonder how OVH does their power off on their dedis, they probably just cut power, I had them attach a KVM module to a MC32 I had with them for a month and whenever I cut power to the dedi via the control panel the KVM module went completely offline too. I don't think the Asus bios logs that info with their settings, or else I would have checked that to find out. I also was able to access the overclocking menu lol but didn't touch that as it was voltages and stuff.

Hard reboot is hard-cycling power

Soft reboot/reset is ACPI reset over LAN afaik