Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Borrow Debian 6 VPS for Neon Testing
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Borrow Debian 6 VPS for Neon Testing

BlueVMBlueVM Member
edited May 2013 in General

Hello,

As some of you may or may not know I've been developing a web based nginx control panel. The control panel is intended originally for single person, multiple domain use. Eventually the goal is to build up to a cpanel level multiuser/multidomain system.

Anyway I recently helped a few people setup copies of Neon on their VPS. I found that some Debian 6 templates did not like my installer script and I felt that my installer needed a cleanup and reorganization anyway so I built a new installer. I'm looking for 1 Debian 6 VPS at each of these providers with control panel / rebuild access for 24 hours. Beyond that you can have the VPS back with or without Neon.

BuyVM
24khost
Semoweb
Urpad
Prometeus - Thanks Prometeus!
Chicago VPS
Hostigation
Alien VPS
RamNode
CatalystHost

It would be great if I could get the owners of these companies to volunteer up a VPS, but if not a user of their services would do as well. Other providers are welcome to volunteer their VPS as well. My goal is to make the installer as robust and flexible as possible. I've posted some screenshots at the link bellow for those of you interested in the progress of Neon:

Screenshots http://neonpanel.com/screenshots/

Basic Information on What Neon Is: http://neonpanel.com/

Comments

• Single File PHP Gallery! Hooray!

I would offer a spare 128MB CVZ-E5 with RamNode in Seattle but just because of the gallery and the logo (trust me please, it's shit) I won't be doing so.

• BlueVMBlueVM Member

@PenguinManifesto - I'm aware the logo is shit... intentionally so. I have no design talents and it's an open source project. Maybe someone would be kind enough to come up with a better one.

• IvanIvan Member
    edited May 2013

Prometeus 384MB? It's idle right now. Hmm, but Prometeus' SolusVM server is down now, so I don't know if I can reinstall my server's OS to Debian 6 now.

• BlueVMBlueVM Member

@Ivan - Thank you for the offer, but Prometeus offered us one directly just before you posted.

• IvanIvan Member

Haha, no problem then! :)

• IshaqIshaq Member
    edited May 2013

@BlueVM

or:

That okay?

• IvanIvan Member
    edited May 2013
  • Ben1002Ben1002 Member

Awww, you dont want one from us? if you do I can set you up with one for testing.

• BlueVMBlueVM Member
    edited May 2013

Seems a bit off to me...

• AndreAndre Member

PM'd.

Also:

• BlueVMBlueVM Member

@BenND - Knew I was forgetting a few providers... absolutely set us up one if you can spare it.

• seriesnseriesn Member

Can we help?

• Ben1002Ben1002 Member

What specs you need?

• @Andre That is so much better.

@BlueVM: I have also a spare ChicagoVPS 256MB VPS but I still run ZNC on there. I'll be shortly be switching to smuxi so once I move that off I can let you have access to it.

• BlueVMBlueVM Member
    edited May 2013

@seriesn - Absolutely.

@BenND -
    256 MB of RAM (preferably 512 MB)
    5 GB of Disk
    5 GB of bandwidth on 10 Mbps
    1 CPU Core
    1 IPv4

You can email the details to [email protected] or PM me on here.

--
    I kinda like Ivan's...

• seriesnseriesn Member

Same speck as ND or higher? Need v6?

• +1 for @Andre 's logo

• IshaqIshaq Member
    edited May 2013

@PenguinManifesto said: @BlueVM: I have also a spare ChicagoVPS 256MB VPS but I still run ZNC on there. I'll be shortly be switching to smuxi so once I move that off I can let you have access to it.

Just let the providers help out, no need to rebuild your VPS because of us, thanks for wanting to help though :)

@seriesn said: Same speck as ND or higher? Need v6?

Any higher specs will do too, that's just minimum.

• SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited May 2013

You can have my CVPS LA one if you want. 512MB memory. PM me if you want it, I'll wipe and install Debian, not using it at all.

Edit: Plus I'm sorta interested in how it works, if you would leave it after you are done.

• Ben1002Ben1002 Member

@BlueVM

Sent it to you.

• MrAndroidMrAndroid Member
    edited May 2013

So is Neon a shared-hosting control panel? Like cPanel and DA and hopefully not like Kloxo or zPanel.

• BlueVMBlueVM Member

@MrAndroid - Its like a single user cPanel. Its end goal is to have everything a user needs to run multiple websites on their VPS without having to have a multiuser interface.

• seriesnseriesn Member

PM sent. If you require anything else or higher resource, feel free to pm.

• twaintwain Member

@BlueVM said: Its like a single user cPanel.

oooopahhhh! Any chance of having multi-user facing option in the future?

• BlueVMBlueVM Member

@twain - Yes. My goal is to have 2 versions: one for single user and one for multiuser.

• BlueVMBlueVM Member

Thus far thanks to the contributions of VPS I've managed to find and patch 4 installation bugs.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

@BlueVM want a free Debian 6 ShoveHost VPS, would that be helpful at all? If so just PM me I'll get you set up. This Neon thing will certainly be interesting :)

• 24khost24khost Member

An openvz template would be awesome. When I get back to the computer will send you the info

• HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

@BlueVM what will license pricing look for Neon? I am very interested.

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

@BlueVM We would be happy to provide you with one for testing with those specs. Please let me know if you want one and I'll set one up.

Columbus, OH.