Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DreamObjects: Cloud Storage form DreamHost 0.3c/GB.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DreamObjects: Cloud Storage form DreamHost 0.3c/GB.

chinmoychinmoy Member
edited May 2013 in General

Just stumbled upon this offer from DreamHost 0.3 c/GB for the first 1000 customers(or so it says). Normal rate is 0.7c Really nice offer, IMO. They got a wordpress plugin for backing up your blog. The API also seems to be good.
You also get 100 GB free for 30 days with this offer. Check it out http://www.dreamhost.com/r.cgi?1452813 (aff link) Cloud ObJects home: http://dreamhost.com/cloud/dreamobjects/

Comments

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited May 2013

Great, thanks for your affiliate url.

http://dreamhost.com/cloud/dreamobjects/

• serverianserverian Member
    edited May 2013

Yeah, at least mention that's an affiliate URL. Also provide the real url, so you'd give people a choice.

• As for as I can see it's 3c and normally 7c, no idea where you got the 0.3 from.

7c/GB is actually quite expensive compared to what we have here
    7c/GB bandwidth is insane as it's $70/TB, but you probably won't need that much as incoming traffic is free

• seikanseikan Member

Just signed up. Not sure I'm qualified for the 0.3c. Where to check it?

• I actually signed up a few weeks ago and got the $0.02 pricing. While the idea seems nice, I noticed that they only store your data in one data center. If something where to happen to that data center, there goes all of your data.

• @caperailfan said: If something where to happen to that data center, there goes all of your data.

You expect your DC to be blown up by Al-Qaeda or something? If you are really that paranoid, then set-up your own redundancy

• @BronzeByte Power surge or power outage...

• erhwegesrgsrerhwegesrgsr Member
    edited May 2013

@caperailfan said: Power surge or power outage...

Why would your data suddenly disappear when that happens?

• erhwegesrgsrerhwegesrgsr Member
    edited May 2013

@Zen said: THIEF!~!~!~!~!

Sue me!

-But honestly, it fits perfect: 100% irrelevant

• chinmoychinmoy Member

@serverian said: Yeah, at least mention that's an affiliate URL. Also provide the real url, so you'd give people a choice.

Yeah, you are right. I've edited my post.

• chinmoychinmoy Member

@seikan said: ust signed up. Not sure I'm qualified for the 0.3c. Where to check it?

If you've clicked the promotional banner from the home page, then you've got it.

@BronzeByte said: As for as I can see it's 3c and normally 7c, no idea where you got the 0.3 from

0.3 c is the promotional offer they are doing. If you sign up now you get that pricing forever for up to 1 TB data.

• seikanseikan Member

@chinmoy said: If you've clicked the promotional banner from the home page, then you've got it.

Just emailed them, I'm qualified :D
    Another alternative for my backups!

• @BronzeByte can't stop laughing at that meme lol

• yomeroyomero Member
    edited May 2013

That '1000 clients offer' has been available since the past week. So they don't have 1000 yet? Marketing bs.
    And also yes, the price is just... right, for a service with a single point of failure.

• chinmoychinmoy Member

@yomero said: for a service with a single point of failure.

"Redundancy - We keep 3 copies of your data in our self-healing storage cluster. Data integrity is constantly monitored and any corruption found automatically triggers rebuilding that data." written on their forum

• flyfly Member

I'm assuming you -mean- 0.3c=$0.003 right

• this is stupid.. they need my creditcard info for a trial?

• yomeroyomero Member
    edited May 2013

Yes, probably in the same datacenter. So, network is gone and we are f*

• GaryGary Member

Went to sign up, had to enter payment info, didn't have my wallet handy and they don't accept paypal.

Closed the tab, it's no loss to me.