Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RepriseHosting Review - Need high resource gaming? This is the place!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

RepriseHosting Review - Need high resource gaming? This is the place!

SolsticeSolstice Member
edited January 2017 in Reviews

I highly recommend RepriseHosting. I rarely write reviews but have been lurking & snagging offers for the last couple years; this is by FAR one of the best hosts out there at this price point. We use ours to host very high resource gaming servers (OpenSim), and after going through 3 other LEB/LET hosts, we finally found one that could handle it - flawlessly.

Unlike a lot of providers out there, you don't get whatever junk they happen to have lying around & throw together to call a server - this is well maintained hardware I've paid 3 times as much to get. On the few occasions I had to contact support they were friendly, professional and willing to do what it takes to get the job done. No "best effort" here, just, simply, the best. In 2-3 months we experienced zero downtime, and even with Opensim's extremely high bandwidth & cpu requirements we never lagged. Planning to move several of our other servers over from OVH by this spring, excellent host, thanks guys!

Comments

• First of all: welcome to LET! Nice review - could you be a nice chap and provide the invoice?

(we've had numerous shilling incidents here, so that is why most members request it)

• Nice owner or paid advertising,folk just joined today someone trust it?

Thanked by 1BeardyUnixGuy
  • @doghouch - I've lost enough $$$ on some of these offers, I get it, no worries LOL They did ask me to leave a review, but I'm not being paid for it & am an existing customer / LEB / LET / WHT user. I just lurk until I have something to say. This place truly deserves the review, so when they asked I was more than happy to provide one. Credit where it's due.

55FPS is the maximum this engine is capable of.

• @Solstice Thanks for the invoice! Is this the original? If so, that's a pretty darn short period for a review; things can happen! :)

• Quite fishy but legit enough. Glad you found your dream host so fast after the purchase :)

• This may help...

@Solstice said:
    In 2-3 months we experienced zero downtime

• Joined 7:20AM

• I put my review of Reprise on the offer I responded to. Wasn't comfortable starting a new thread when my post count was so low (long time lurker). I think it's a better way to go for newbs. If you pick up a posted offer, bookmark it, come back later and put up plain review of your experience and your opinion of it.

No hate against anyone, just having looked at previous LET action, the community needs to give a crap about your opinion before you make a thread telling everyone what your opinion is. It still helps providers to give feedback on the offer thread. Then, people searching for offers will see your experience and opinion.

It's hard on providers and us less-popular forum members, but it's the nature of LET.... and we love LET

• Suggest to rename to SurpriseHosting.com

• SolsticeSolstice Member
    edited January 2017

Well, I can say this much, you guys certainly know how to make a new user feel completely unwelcome. There's caution & then there's flat out paranoid gentlemen, careful with that line. Not sure how much more proof I could possibly provide, if you don't believe the review...well, keep scrolling. It's really that simple. When 2 invoices and the original order isn't enough "proof" for you, it's pretty clear nothing is or ever will be & y'all just want to troll. It's kinda sad really. There's a reason I've been here for 2 - 3 years and have never created an account until now - this place is infested with trolls & I had no desire to deal with it. Great way to help this site grow, drive off everyone new! Well done!

Thanked by 1jokesonyou
  • @Solstice said:
    Well, I can say this much, you guys certainly know how to make a new user feel completely unwelcome.

There's a reason I've been here for 2 - 3 years and have never created an account until now - this place is infested with trolls & I had no desire to deal with it.

Great way to help this site grow, drive off everyone new! Well done!

So, you're both new AND you've been here for 2-3 years?

• lol Grow the hell up. Or better yet, try reading the review you're commenting on. You'll note I said from the get-go that I've been lurking for years. Totally amazed at the amount of sheer stupidity and laziness I've come across here. Every. Single. Comment. was already answered. Try reading you just might avoid looking like an idiot.

I'm done here, will never make the mistake of trying to contribute to this site again. Y'all enjoy your troll haven, when you keep getting screwed by the same providers maybe eventually you'll realize the echo chamber you've got setup here.

Yet another new user you've successfully chased off...and we wonder why we see the same content, same providers, over and over and over again....despite the fact numerous ones on here have a long standing rep for providing crap service.

• @Solstice said:
    lol Grow the hell up. Or better yet, try reading the review you're commenting on.

Coming from a startup host that received similar reviews, trust me when I say the skepticism is healthy. It doesn't matter whether you've been lurking for years or not. At the end of the day, you have a brand new account with no reputation and you're pulling out this glowing review of a host no one has heard of. You're not going to convince anyone with your first review, especially not on an untrusted brand-new account. If you don't understand why this is the case, you probably are better off not reviewing in the first place as I think you might have missed the entire point of leaving reviews.

You'll note I said from the get-go that I've been lurking for years. Totally amazed at the amount of sheer stupidity and laziness I've come across here. Every. Single. Comment. was already answered. Try reading you just might avoid looking like an idiot.

I'm done here, will never make the mistake of trying to contribute to this site again. Y'all enjoy your troll haven, when you keep getting screwed by the same providers maybe eventually you'll realize the echo chamber you've got setup here.

If you've been lurking here for years, I honestly don't know what you expected...

Yet another new user you've successfully chased off...and we wonder why we see the same content, same providers, over and over and over again....despite the fact numerous ones on here have a long standing rep for providing crap service.

I mean.. It's probably because the number of providers that survive longer than a few months in this LE* market industry is extremely limited... so yea, you're gonna see the same names over and over

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

Well i thank you for your review! Yes you have to understand why people throw up so much hate from past schilling attempts. I believe reviews are good to hear even from new folks that never posted here in the past. But some folks tend to over analize things to the extreme.

• RepriseHosting has posted here and on WHT before, they're not an unknown host however they have gotten nothing but hate from the users here, which they don't deserve so I stopped lurking & spoke up - which is the entire point of reviews, which this site actually has precious little of - real reviews that is. Nothing but sniping, hosting companies with troll accounts attacking competition and just overall completely childish behaviour. No other site I'm on requires anywhere near this kind of "proof". Hell, I'm pretty sure opening a bank account requires less paperwork. This entire experience has been absurd and it is little wonder why you don't see new hosts here - look at the way they're welcomed.

• @Solstice said:
    Well, I can say this much, you guys certainly know how to make a new user feel completely unwelcome.

Nobody is here to make you or anyone else feel welcome.

If you like LET stay, if not, don't.

• @Nekki said:

@Solstice said:

Case and point.

• @Solstice said:

@Nekki said:

@Solstice said:

Case and point.

I'm sure you're a big boy who doesn't need his hand holding. You know what this place is.

Complaining about LET being unfriendly is like complaining that shit tastes like shit.

• @Nekki said:
    I'm sure you're a big boy who doesn't need his hand holding. You know what this place is.

Complaining about LET being unfriendly is like complaining that shit tastes like shit.

So your answer is to contribute to the problem, rather than be part of the solution. Well done. Your brilliance is truly stunning.

• @Solstice said:

@Nekki said:

So your answer is to contribute to the problem, rather than be part of the solution. Well done. Your brilliance is truly stunning.

I'm sorry, what's this problem?

• lol troll elsewhere junior, you're outclassed. Have a blessed day :)

Thanked by 2Nekki BeardyUnixGuy
  • @Solstice said:
    lol troll elsewhere junior, you're outclassed. Have a blessed day :)

'Outclassed'

You actually made me laugh sunbeam, good work. I really am having a blessed day.

• @solstice you need to appreciate the fact that many come on here and post 1 review and only comment on that review and vanish. This in fact happened last month where someone posted a review because he said it was a great service. He claimed prior lurking. He has not commented on any other threads - only that one. Hence as a community, people come to expect shilling comes with a healthy dose of denial and resentment from the poster of "how dare they say I'm shilling" etc etc etc. But in reality it is very healthy skepticism.

• WSSWSS Member
    edited January 2017

@OhMyMy said:
    @solstice you need to appreciate the fact that many come on here and post 1 review and only comment on that review and vanish. This in fact happened last month where someone posted a review because he said it was a great service. He claimed prior lurking. He has not commented on any other threads - only that one. Hence as a community, people come to expect shilling comes with a healthy dose of denial and resentment from the poster of "how dare they say I'm shilling" etc etc etc. But in reality it is very healthy skepticism.

When do I get drummed out on my ear? I think everyone here is a pretty hoopy frood.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited January 2017

I am sorry if I made you feel unfriendly, but there has been literally too many fake reviews lately. You've made your point clear and proved that you are a long time customer of RepriseHosting. From what I can see, is that your review is valid and you deserve an apology.

You have to understand that when a new member with 1 post makes a highly positive review of any hosting provider and only presents invoice that's less than 3 days old, it's gonna raise an eyebrow of the thread readers.

Also rather than a review, your text reads like a sales pitch for me which is why I suspected the validity of it. You haven't shared any speccs or useful information other than "the provider is cheap" and "Zero downtime".

• FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited January 2017

This company is nuts:

I found this on their VPS page - in what world are you going to tell me that I need an IPv4 address for each SSL protected website? And for some reason, this is an acceptable reason to get more IPv4s...

Edit: 10mbit = upgrade??? 10TB at 100mbits is much better, maxed out at 10mbits I can only transfer around 2.5TB in a month :P

• @Solstice, in all fairness, you say that you've lurked on LET for years. So you should have been very aware of all of the crap/drama/shilling that the community sees (and exposes) on a fairly regular basis.

Surely, with all that knowledge, you would have figured that (even with invoices) your brand new wet-behind-the-ears user account's review was going to be seen as very suspicious.

And, if you really understood the problem of shilling on LET (and other forums), you'd appreciate LET's crazy unsaid requirements.

The trolling is an unfortunate but required self-moderating defense mechanism. However, if you can find your big-boy pants, you seem like you could contribute nicely to the rest of the community. Even if it is only to troll @Nekki ;-)

• FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited January 2017

@BeardyUnixGuy

Truly, his review didn't amaze me - what amazed me is how he somehow humored Nekki :P

Thanked by 1MikeA