Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Link to an unattended install of Wordpress into Ubuntu 16.04
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Link to an unattended install of Wordpress into Ubuntu 16.04

I did not use this unattended install feature but would have!
I stumbled into it (updated Nov 2016) while struggling to get everything (conf php sql & WPdb files) communicating properly on my first install to KVM. (lots of googling with putty idling nearby).

https://peteris.rocks/blog/unattended-installation-of-wordpress-on-ubuntu-server/

Comments

• bit offtopic- I use easy engine and quite happy with it. https://easyengine.io/

Thanked by 1Blazing
  • BlazingBlazing Member
    edited January 2017

While searching (and struggling) with install, I stumbled into HHVM. EasyE mentions a "boost in speed" on WPress. However the majority of literature I ran across, indicated that PHP 7 w/PHP-FPM & FastCGI, provides better performance for WPress vs HHVM.

IIRC, Drupal performs better w/HHVM

Comments?

Updated for nomenclature & terminology clarity. (This stuff reads like Klingon to me).

• @Blazing said:
    While searching (and struggling) with install, I stumbled into HHVM. EasyE mentions a "boost in speed" on WPress. However all the literature I ran across indicated that FastCGI provides better performance with WPress vs HHVM.

Comments?

Use php7

• HaxHax Member

@Blazing said:
    While searching (and struggling) with install, I stumbled into HHVM. EasyE mentions a "boost in speed" on WPress. However all the literature I ran across indicated that FastCGI provides better performance with WPress vs HHVM.

Comments?

You should compare HHVM with PHP, not FastCGI which is functionally different.

FastCGI is a popular protocol for communication between an application server (e.g. running your PHP code) and a webserver.

Thanked by 1Blazing
  • @Blazing said:

Comments?

FastCGI is a communication protocol, not a php engine.

Thanked by 1Blazing