Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for decent VPS, KVM, 2 TB, Germany or Europe
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for decent VPS, KVM, 2 TB, Germany or Europe

Hi,

are there any good deals for a 2 TB, mainly storage vps (kvm), which offers 4 cpu cores and at least 4 GB RAM? Bitcoin preferred but not a must. Budget.. 20 €. Or what is realistic?

Thank you.

Comments

• WHTWHT Member

2TB Disk or bandwidth?

• 2 TB Disk, sorry.. forgot to mention that explicitly.

• AlbaHostAlbaHost Member, Host Rep

@nobizzle said:
    2 TB Disk, sorry.. forgot to mention that explicitly.

Take a kimsufi server for less than 20€/month.

• If your sole gole is to get a cheap VPS, check Contabo.

• williewillie Member
    edited January 2017

I don't think a 4 core KVM with 2TB of storage is realistic, especially if you want RAID storage. Kimsufis with 2tb of spec'd disk (1 drive) are also above your budget but sometimes people order the 1tb models and find they are provisioned with 2tb disks, so that might be worth a try. Those are rather slow Atom processors so maybe you ought to also describe your actual application or cpu speed expectations. Or you can get a SYS with 2 ARM cores and 2tb disk for around 16 euro:

https://www.soyoustart.com/us/offers/arm-2t.xml

If you can live with openvz storage, you have more possibilities. But since you want so much cpu, maybe you better say what you want to do with the storage. Cheap storage plans tend to be built for archiving and semi-cold storage, i.e. not too much IOPS.

I think your best bet might be to up your budget to the 30 euro range, and get a Hetzner auction server:

https://robot.your-server.de/order/market/country/DE?hdsize=3000

You can get quite fast dedicated servers with 2x 3TB disks (nice raid 1 setup) from them starting around 27 EUR ex VAT or 32 EUR including it. I've had one of those for a while (i7-3770) and it's great.

• OhMyMyOhMyMy Member
    edited January 2017

• Wait for a 2x2tb dedibox special from online.net.

I just don't see it happening for a KVM.

• @vimalware said:
    Wait for a 2x2tb dedibox special from online.net.

I just don't see it happening for a KVM.

You are probably right. Until then.. i rearranged my home PC to be my server. I had two external USB 2 2 TB HDDs which weren't used actually. I had the idea to remove them from the USB case and put them into the machine via SATA. Now they are running as RAID 1. I do only have 10mbit upload, but finally I have a system that I have full control of and does what i want. Physical access is actually pretty nice.

I'm running a few QEMU/KVM now on them to host some stuff (OpenVPN, NGINX, Webservers, etc).

Its a nice setup. I actually only need a nice space to store my data outside of my house, then all will be fine.