Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

question on billing and WHMCS for low end hosting
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

question on billing and WHMCS for low end hosting

natestammnatestamm Member
edited May 2013 in General

This is really a very general thing I have noticed. And NOT with any hosts I even have met from the LEN or talk to regularly.
With some other, larger hosting companies I notice that one month after sign up you are Invoiced.

Then, and TBH only if you create a subscription, you may get Invoiced 3-7 days before the next Invoice is due.
Here is where my question is and I have seen others ask it before.
When this Invoice goes off from the hosting company it seems that your agreement with your payment provider let's say Google check out et al
Allows them to collect right away. Then a when the actual due date for the subscription comes up you are charged again.

This usually builds up a credit but only for that first month of auto Invoice and subscription pop offs. After that it seems the host taps off the credit.
And then when Invoices come due the general feeling is that you're just paying a regular round of Invoices and such.
When in reality you know
You're actually building a credit again. I usually see this with larger hosts and while it is no problem Just wondering if the host has the option to tweak how their Invoices charge, and if they can configure WHMCS or other billing system to not charge when they Invoice and just let your subscriptions with a given payment provider charge.

I have no issues with it at all really Just wondering for possible future ventures of mine. I can see the obvious benefit right away being security
*Most hosts I have found allow these subscriptions to be canceled any way if one wants to make Manual payments but at the *loss of the credit *that creates aforementioned security.
And not worrying about having services turned off if some one canceled a subscription or such, Thanks for any thoughts!