Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OpenVZ box in France required
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OpenVZ box in France required

Afternoon all - does anyone have a 'go to' company that provides boxes in France? Not looking for anything heavy, just a box to host 5 or 6 domains on. Don't particularly want to go straight to OVH as I do like to have someone that may actually respond if I need support!

Price isn't top of the list but someone dependable and a semi decent uptime required!

Cheers

Comments

• Thanked by 1Fatboy
  • Another biggish name would be Scaleway, but there's a number of local LET homeboys including @exception0x876 from wishosting.

• For some reason I thought Scaleway was something to do with OVH. Guess the old brain is getting confused, looks ideal though. Thanks @BeardyUnixGuy

• Oneprovider.com They are resellers.

Firstheberg.

If you are looking for NAT VPS, I would recommend @quadhost a.k.a i-83.net

Thanked by 3Fatboy Ympker i83
  • @MikeA definitely.

Thanked by 3Fatboy MikeA tmwc
  • Wishosting is nice. Got a NAT box there.

• Not France (but close): Would you consider Leaseweb Amsterdam / NL? Excellent bandwidth rates, reliable and good support. Always an option of you are close to the border in France :)

• @i83 NAT boxes are great if you want a NAT box (I have several) but NAT does impose some administrative headaches, and web sites on NAT boxes are more susceptible to DDOS than you'd be with a dedicated ipv4 (i.e. if someone else's box gets dos'd, it takes you with them).

OVH support is notoriously spotty but their new generation vps-ssd are usually solid.

Scaleway/Online have premium support tiers so if you want good support from them, you have to pay for it ;). They're ok otherwise, though not that quick.

Thanked by 1i83
  • @willie said:
    @i83 NAT boxes are great if you want a NAT box (I have several) but NAT does impose some administrative headaches, and web sites on NAT boxes are more susceptible to DDOS than you'd be with a dedicated ipv4 (i.e. if someone else's box gets dos'd, it takes you with them).

OVH support is notoriously spotty but their new generation vps-ssd are usually solid.

Scaleway/Online have premium support tiers so if you want good support from them, you have to pay for it ;). They're ok otherwise, though not that quick.

Online support is one of the worst I've ever experienced. Once I had 7 e3v3's with them some via guys from here whom I've paid via PayPal.
    They called network cables 'wires', just FYI and they ripped me with something outrageous like a 120 euros fee

• online.net is also in france and provides boxes right? if so then there's them

• Cyph3rCyph3r Member
    edited January 2017

https://yoctobox.com/client/cart.php?gid=5

Been using them for a while now and have a France and California, USA VPS and both have worked great and the price you can't beat.

• Thanks to everyone - I now have a good list of providers to try :)