Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DDoS Protected VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DDoS Protected VPS

K4Y5K4Y5 Member
edited January 2017 in Requests

Hi,

I am looking to buy a DDoS protected VPS on behalf of a client, who wants to host 3 database driven websites on it. He was using Godaddy earlier (Yes, lol, I know!), and his account was suspended multiple times because of some sort of random DDoS attack (Godaddy refuses or ignores requests to provide metrics or details on the attack vectors).

Anyway, the reason I am in the picture is because I am currently involved with building an internal application for the client. During one of our discussions, he brought up the intermittent issues that he has been facing with their websites. So, being the nice guy that I am, I offered to help.

Anyway, here is the stuff that needs to be hosted -

• Website 1 - Joomla driven corporate website. [Under 500 views per day]
  • Website 2 - Wordpress driven blog. [Under 500 views per day]
  • Website 3 - Some PHP based billing & ticketing app. [Under 150 views per day]

Resource requirements - 1 to 2GB RAM / 2 to 4vCores @ 2.8GHz or above / 10 to 25GB of Pure SSD storage / 250GB of filtered traffic preferably @1Gbit / OVH Game DDoS Mitigation would be great.

Location - FR / CA / Don't care.

Virtualization - Don't care, as long as the VPS doesn't crawl. I specified DB driven websites and asked for pure SSD storage for a reason.

IPs - 1xIPv4 / Don't care about IPv6.

Price - As low as possible. Ideally, way under $7.

It'd be great if you guys could recommend some reliable players in the market. After the Godaddy screw-ups, the client maintains daily back-ups. So, here I am, looking to test my luck in 2017 :P

It'd be great if a provider could carve out a custom plan with spare resources on a node, should that help bring the price down.

Cheers!

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2017

All of my OpenVZ VPS run with OVH Game firewall. If you want to try it out send me a message, or if something on the plans doesn't fit your needs. Use LET10 for 10% off each month, so the 1GB plan would be $5.40. Both in France and Canada. (?)

Edit: An offer to you, if you're not satisfied with anything (support, performance, uptime, etc.) within the first 30 days I'll give you a full refund NQA and pay for your new providers first month up to the same amount.

• RapidDediRapidDedi Member, Patron Provider

Can do a KVM in NJ with 1GB RAM, 15GB SSD with 500GB BW and 20Gbps DDos Protection at $6/mo, let me know if interested.

Thanked by 1K4Y5
  • niknik Member, Host Rep

We from www.nodion.com can do this in Frankfurt, Germany and London, UK. In Frankfurt all inbound traffic is routed through Voxilitys Anti DDoS protection with > 500 Gbps capacity. Same goes for London, even though we will discontinue Voxilitys solution there soon and will switch to another one.

If you need a custom deal feel free to join our live chat, email us or write me a PM here on LET.

Thanked by 1K4Y5
  • Where can we find info about your DDoS Protection?

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

You'll want ddos protection for application layer perhaps? Not 100% sure but somone can correct me if needed. Voxillity based protection is best for websites I thought.

Else, any OVH based host will do the trick. Our plans start at $5 and we wont kick/suspend you for being a victim of ddos.

Thanked by 1K4Y5
  • @pbgben said:
    You'll want DDoS protection for application layer perhaps? Not 100% sure but someone can correct me if needed. Voxillity based protection is best for websites I thought.

Else, any OVH based host will do the trick. Our plans start at $5 and we won't kick/suspend you for being a victim of DDoS.

Layer 7 is always a tricky one to protect against even OVH and Voxility can fall plague to a layer 7 attack, however, i know that voxility does offer a layer 7 service that I have used before with Zare.

I think all rounded though Voxility offers better protection in my personal experience.

Thanked by 1K4Y5
  • Just go directly with OVH.

Thanked by 2Wicked K4Y5
  • HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

we can offer you the following deal:

2 vCores Intel XEON E3

3GB DDR3 RAM

250GB RAID Protected Storage

2TB Bandwidth @1Gbps Port

1x IPv4 Adress

VOXILITY DDOS PROTECTION

$6.99/month

$48/annually
    https://hostslick.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=171

Thanked by 1K4Y5
  • I think it's also worth noting that you probably want to go with a older/big-name host that has been around for a while if you're just "helping out". If he's using GoDaddy, you should probably even consider getting him onto a shared hosting plan unless you're planning on admin-ing his VPS forever.

Thanked by 1K4Y5
  • stefemanstefeman Member
    edited January 2017

Voxility or OVH game for DB based websites. Either one would do, but I'd probly go for Voxility since it's a website and they offer nice Layer 7 protection for websites.

OVH game in the other hand is better for UDP/TCP based services like VoIP, Gameservers, Application backends in my opinion.

Thanked by 1K4Y5
  • @Jonchun said:
    I think it's also worth noting that you probably want to go with a older/big-name host that has been around for a while if you're just "helping out". If he's using GoDaddy, you should probably even consider getting him onto a shared hosting plan unless you're planning on admin-ing his VPS forever.

Shared hosts are out of the question as they put lots of people on the same node and even the same IP. The routing, firewall rules etc may need to be tailored depending on the attack vectors. Most shared hosts may not be comfortable doing that, for the $ they earn off a single shared hosting client.

That is why I explicitly asked for reliable players in the VPS market. But, I get what you meant, and appreciate the $0.02 @Jonchun.

Keeping all of that in mind, I will probably just find a good VPS option for the client, help them set it up, and be done with it, since that is all they seem to want at this point of time.

• Hetzner VPS!

Thanked by 1K4Y5