Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

24khost Hacked - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

24khost Hacked

12346»

Comments

• @tr1cky said:
    Seems like all the LEB hosts are security experts and 24khost isn't.

E: Just saw this was some months ago, please don't throw stones at me.

You don't need to be an expert to understand to not use WHMCS.

• Really funny how shovehost's name got thrown in this. Doesnt need the IQ of a genius to understand that a hacker wouldnt be so stupid as to claim fame for an attack with the same handle as his professional website!

Thanked by 1c0y
  • xsetxset Member

@makkesk8 pretty much everyone here uses WHMCS

• wouldnt be so stupid as to claim fame for an attack with the same handle as his professional website!

Isn't that waht happened with the Ramnode hack?

• @xset said:
    makkesk8 pretty much everyone here uses WHMCS

No shit!

• @Makkesk8 said:
    You don't need to be an expert to understand to not use WHMCS.

Just out of interest what would you suggest people to use?

• @ShardHost said:
    Just out of interest what would you suggest people to use?

And @Makkesk8: don't say HostBill or Blesta, because the former has insane pricing and the latter doesn't support EU VAT properly. WHMCS only supports EA VAT so-so, but it's the best out there for this.

• don't say HostBill or Blesta

Is it permissible to say ClientExec? :P (DediDirect is the only one I know of who uses it)

• Make your own billing software! Get together all you puny LEB providers, shake off the shackles of these big corporations, and get coding!

Thanked by 2tux tux
  • smansman Member
    edited August 2013

I really really hate whmcs but I still use it. I don't find it very intiuitive and never did like it from day one. Been using it for years and still hate it. Having said that, still seems better then the alternatives. I guess that is the trade off when a billing system needs to be all things to everyone. I wish I could turn at least half this stuff I don't need off. That would probably simplify things.

• @ShardHost said:

@mpkossen said:

I don't recommend anything on the market at all. No offense but even my brain-dead cousin could build a safe billing system.

Its too easy and simple to not do it. I've recommended this to several people and their response is "costs too much". Its not expensive at all you just need a motivated coder or the knowlage.

• c0yc0y Member

@gsrdgrdghd said:
    Isn't that waht happened with the Ramnode hack?

no, robbie seems to have admitted to nick personally but didnt seem to fame with it

• @DomainBop said:
    Is it permissible to say ClientExec? :P (DediDirect is the only one I know of who uses it)

Do you happen tot know how it handles EU VAT? That's my biggest issue with almost every solution out there.

• @mpkossen said:
    Do you happen tot know how it handles EU VAT? That's my biggest issue with almost every solution out there.

It looks like it has problems with proforma invoices with VAT:
    http://forum.clientexec.com/index.php?threads/support-proforma-invoices-generate-the-invoice-after-payment.854/

Editable tax rules are supposed to be added in version 5.0

• Not trying to be the guy starting a fight here, but I doubt it was @shovenose.

• @Frost said:
    no, robbie seems to have admitted to nick personally but didnt seem to fame with it

Only after he was pulled up by the community. Read that thread.

I doubt whether any hacker in his right mind would use a name like 'shovehost'. Think about it. It sounds so meh, no offence, @shovenose