Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All my Virtualmin installation giving me a blank page (Error)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

All my Virtualmin installation giving me a blank page (Error)

I'm using Virtualmin as control panel on my webservers. I have been away on vacation some weeks, and today I needed to login on my main webserver. I get the login page on https://IP:10000, but when I login I just get a blank page with the title Error on it.

I then tried to login to my backup servers, and the same error there.

I have a auto yum update script running, so most likely a bad update has happened. But how can I get my Virtualmin installation back and running again?

All webpages are working fine, but I need access to Virtualmin CP.

Anybody has some tips how to fix this?

Using CentOS 6.8 and the latest Virtualmin

Comments

• Did you tried to restart virtualmin ?

• @FredQc Yes. Also tried to restart the server, same error.

• Might be this

• @alaningus I have seen this page (did a google search before writing here) and my postfix is up to date and running. Can't understand why something there has changed. Tried the commands at the bottom of the page, but since it's installed and working, nothing happened.

• Have you tried doing a new update?

• @joodle yea, or there is no updates to be found. Don't know how I just can update/refresh Virtualmin. Tried to just run the installation script again, but it stops with Fatal error since Virtualmin already is installed.

• Hmm.. I know that they have a repo, are you using it? if yes, it should be updating once you're running yum update & upgrade.

• BTW your signature isn't working any more

• @alaningus fixed. Still, no Virtualmin CP on any of my servers...

• tarek.boxtarek.box Member
    edited January 2017

i prefer install webmin + Virtualmin on debian 7.x

• @tarek4web said:
    i prefer install webmin + Virtualmin on debian 7.x

And this helps me how? I'm using CentOS 6.8, and the issue are on CentOS 6.8. I'm not changing OS because of this error, and really hope to not have to rebuild the servers from scratch.

• ExpertVMExpertVM Member, Host Rep

Try to see if you can find anything inside Virtualmin log?

• @ExpertVM I found this, but this has been reported in the logfile since the beginning of the server:

[[03/Jan/2017:17:43:26 +010003/Jan/2017:17:43:26 +0100] ] [[198.27.XXX.92198.27.XXX.92] ] Document followsDocument follows : This web server is running in SSL mode. Try the URL https://ns303XXXX.ip-91-XXX-XXX.eu:10000/ instead. : This web server is running in SSL mode. Try the URL https://ns303XXXX.ip-91-XXX-XXX.eu:10000/ instead.

• Had to get this resolved quickly since it happened on all my servers, so I paid Virtualmin support $50 to get it fixed, and it did not take long.

A simple command mkdir /etc/webmin/authentic-theme did the trick on all my servers. They have no found the cause yet, but the solution was simple. So now Virtualmin is working again, without having to build my servers from scratch up.

• myhken said: A simple command mkdir /etc/webmin/authentic-theme did the trick on all my servers. They have no found the cause yet, but the solution was simple. So now Virtualmin is working again, without having to build my servers from scratch up.

Were you using the authentic theme before the crash?

• @solarman I only uses the standard theme..never changed it.