Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

European-based free non-logging public DNS provider - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

European-based free non-logging public DNS provider

2»

Comments

• @raindog308 said:

@joodle said:
    Using DNS.watch and my own ad blocking DNS, no problems at all.

What is your own ad blocking dns? Rules you created or...?

Just some lists with domains that are being blocked/sent to nowhere. You can find a lot of them on Google.

• https://dns.d0wn.biz/ I use d0wn's DNS Servers

• lion said: https://dns.d0wn.biz/ I use d0wn's DNS Servers

Nice todo list :) But DNS must not be US based as described.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

joodle said: Just some lists with domains that are being blocked/sent to nowhere. You can find a lot of them on Google.

How does it do with anti-ad-blockers?

• @raindog308 said:

joodle said: Just some lists with domains that are being blocked/sent to nowhere. You can find a lot of them on Google.

It's fast ;)

• @raindog308 said:

I use in-DNS adblocking too (Unbound returning nxdomain for ~300,000 zones) and it's remarkably transparent wrt anti-adblock scripts. I've hardly ever met a nasty "plz disable your adblocker to keep reading that shite".

As for general performance: nearby caching server + avoiding hundreds of requests for trackers/ads/scripts = greatly alleviates the loss in speed due to recursion/validation. As a bonus, that eerie feeling when it comes to govt (attempts at) censorship.

• Using dns.watch here too